Monday, March 17, 2014

Day 59 - 2:00 pm, Time is Flying By Me!

Dear Reader, 

What in the world happens to time?  I got dressed cute, did my makeup and hair and put up a few things in the bedroom. Then I made tea and carried up a couple of fruit pouches to eat while I had my prayer time and read my Nible.  Before I started, though, my husband came home for lunch.  I got my tea and came down with him.  He told me about his day.  He was mock-assassinated by some of the classics students since it was the Ides of March ... and they completely surprised him!  And told me that they filmed his talk at the Ball and the video was online on the newspaper web page.  I read my Bible while he ate and then kind of dozed with him, and then finished up my reading.  But I got caught up in trying to figure out all the players and the sequence of events when there was literally war between Darkness and Light and an evil woman was trying to wipe out the entire line of King David which would have prevented the Messiah from being born!  And she was countered by one woman who was able to save one and only one descendant of David!  I've read it many times before, but never really tried to understand all the levels of intrigue that was going on here.  It's fascinating!!!  Makes me want to write a new Bible study!  :-).  It's a great illustration, may - a MARVELOUS illustration of the cardinal virtue of fortitude.  Fortitude, according to classical thinking, is the act of courage in the presence of fear.  It is not fortitude to do something courageous if you are not correspondingly afraid for your life because fortitude requires the possibility of true harm to yourself even to the point of being killed.  Think of the fortitude of this woman and how,utterly terrified she must have been during this wholesale slaughter that was going around her by a powerful woman who was a worshipper of one of the most evil "gods" ever!  It staggers the mind!  

Anyway ... It is now 2:30 and I haven't eaten lunch, prayed, planned dinners or gone to the grocery store.  Much less finished unpacking or gotten any of the house cleaned.  

Help!!!

Lisa







No comments:

Post a Comment