Saturday, March 22, 2014

Day 54 - Being vs. Doing Part 2

Well ... that didn't work!  My ankle decided to come out of joint after I got in bed which was annoying and painful.  I couldn't go to sleep and came to the couch, but was hurting badly enough that I couldn't sleep.  I have it wrapped with an elastic bandage so it should start to feel better soon.  

So, back to the idea of being and doing. 

I want to be healthier.  
I want to be aerobically fit.
I want to be physically strong.  
I want to have less anxiety and be more peaceful.
I want to be well-rested.
I want to take better care of myself physically.  

These are all things I want to BE and they all require time.  But I don't want to spend the time working at being and becoming more because it takes away time from doing and accomplishing things.  

The other New Year's resolutions are doing.  I want to go through the entire house weeding out everything I possibly can, organizing everything for the move, and doing a household inventory.  These are great and I like doing them. I don't resent the time they take and am, instead, eager to out the time in.  But I don't want to take the time it takes to BECOME.  

Here's how much time I would have to use to improve myself:

Let's take the first three things:  healthier, fit, strong. None of that will just happen.  To make it happen I will need to exercise regularly,  five days a week (3 cardio, 2 strength training).  So, let's say 45 minutes to exercise, 30 minutes for the round trip.   That's 1 hour and 15 minutes a day.  Being sure to eat something to keep blood sugar stable: 15 minutes a day.  Makeup and hair each day: 15 minutes.  Less anxious means prayer and Bible reading,  45 minutes a day.  Being well-rested means 9 hours of sleep, and I understand that meditation would help a lot with that.  So, I'll give up the goal of two, twenty-minute sessions a day and go,for one, fifteen minute a day session.  Taking better care of myself is a pedicure, etc., move a week.  So, let's say a massage is 60 minutes, a manicure 30, so split the difference and make it 45.  Plus thirty minutes driving time is 1 hour and 15 minutes ( to one hour and 30 minutes) every week.  

Daily that will require something like two,hours and fifteen minutes each day, with more once a week.  Two,hours a day spent on myself just seems ludicrous!  

Ok.  Getting tired again.  I'm going yo try to go to sleep again.  

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment