Monday, March 31, 2014

Day 45 - 11:00 pm

Dear Reader, 

Well, I'm here in bed icing my ankle.  I didn't have time to go to the chiropractor today and I don't think there's anyway I'll be able to go tomorrow.  I have to leave here by 8:45 in the morning to make my 10:00 appointment with the cardiologist. The immunologist is with the same hospital, but in a different location. I don't think I'll have any problems getting there in time.  And it is located right across the street from one of my favorite restaurants, so I know where I'll be eating tomorrow.  It is just remotely possible that I can get into town in time to get to the chiropractor tomorrow afternoon before he closes.  He let's me just barge in, which I appreciate.  The last time I let it go this long, it was not a pretty scene.  He tried his usual maneuver that usually works, but the bone wouldn't budge.  So, he wound up holding me foot with one hand and hammering on my heel with his other hand in a fist!  I hope it's not that bad this time.  I yelled enough that I probably scared off a few clients in the waiting room!  But nothing will compare to the time I went in with my back in terrible spasms.  My housekeeper had to drive me there and help me inside.  By the time I was on a table I was crying.  He started examining me and saying, "Oh, Lisa! Oh, Lisa!"  I was in that bad of a mess.  By the time he was through and had me pretty much in place and had stopped the spasms, I had been crying so much and could scarcely move or walk.  We had to call my husband to get out of a meeting and come help me get home.  

This kind of stuff is just not normal, you know???  I mean, do you know anyone else that this happens to?  Whose joints slip out of place like this?  And I've had a calf muscle just tear off my bone three times in my life.  You can still see the dent in my calf where it happened last time.  Each time it was from some little thing, no big trauma at all.  This Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome is the only thing that makes sense of it.  The cardiologist is the one who diagnosed me with the dysautonomia.  And the Ehlers-Danlos tends to go hand-in-hand with that.  But I don't know if she'll know much about it or not.  We'll see.  This is just a check up so she can see how I'm doing on the rx she put me on.  I'm only taking two pills a day, not the three she prescribed, mostly because I always forgot the dose in the middle of,the day.  And I need to talk to her about the amount of salt and blood volume and all that. I've had a few crashes, but not too many.  I've been careful to keep up with the salt and fluids since the last one.  

And I'm not taking the prescriptions as ordered by the immunologist, either!  I'm a free-thinker, here!  Taking all three just had me knocked out, and taking only the one rx at night has worked really well in lessening my reactions, so ... he's Russian.  I hope he is okay with me being non-compliant.  Especially since that seems to be my middle name.  

My doctor's nurse has not made me an appointment with the genetics department yet.  She tried to this afternoon but was just put on hold. She'll probably have something for me by tomorrow.  

I did exercise, today -- surprise, surprise!  I only had time for thirty minutes, but I did get that in.  I ate very well today.  I made fish tacos tonight with lettuce, red and green cabbage, and homemade pico de gallo. And I made it to the grocery store!  There is actually a little bit of food in the house again.  

I'm so discouraged about the housekeeper. I thought I had gotten her to quit just stuffing things here, there, and everywhere.  But tonight I found several pieces of mail that she had stuffed in a random drawer in the kitchen and put instructions for a new coffee pot on top of them. One of them is a bill, and one of them is the pledge card for a donation I committed to over the phone.  I think these are probably a month or more old. My husband says to just let it go.  I'm really out of time to teach her to be a better worker. I just want to take her by the shoulders and SHAKE her and say, "FOCUS!!!  Pay attention!!"  Which is iron ice, of course, since that's what I want to do to myself a lot of the time!

I read something yesterday about the necessity of showing yourself compassion when you are suffering.  I don't know, maybe I should give it a try.  After all ... telling myself what a Loooooser I am, doesn't seem to be working so well.  

Tomorrow, I would like to get up in time to package up several return packages to be taken to the UPS.  I still haven't written the people who sold me the dirty evening dress or the resort that charged us for a "beach-front" room which looked directly at the pool.  Don't reckon I'll get either of these things done tomorrow, either.  My husband would tell me to let it go, but ... can't do it!  

Okay.  Well, here's to another day tomorrow.  Hope yours is a good one.  

Cheers!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment