Monday, March 31, 2014

Day 45 - 11:00 am

Dear Reader:

11:00 am - day is off to a shaky start.  I was tense last night about the week ahead, and my ankle was hurting badly, so I didn't get to sleep until after 2:44 this morning.  I wasn't able to get up at 8:00 which had been my goal, but I was awake by around 9:30.  I was still pretty groggy so I did some emailing and phone calls and looking for bedding online before I got up.  Now I'm dressed with my makeup and hair done.  I'm about to grab a quick breakfast and exercise.  I found a Peter Rabbit apple and grape fruit pack under my bed which was a nice surprise.  Not as nice, though, as the time I found a forgotten York mint in my purse!  I am already out of time for my day, though, because I need to leave the house by 12:30.  Today is the day they begin interviewing my husband's replacement, so that's freaky.  There was talk on Facebook last night of kidnapping me so he can't leave!

I won't be being a boss today.  My housekeeper's childcare gave her her two week notice yesterday and she's super upset.  She has a severely disabled child who used to go to a program thechool had ... until they almost let her die.  Now, she has in-home care ... but only for two more weeks.  It was hard enough finding this woman!  So I've already been giving her hugs and comforting her, and it's too big a leap to take off the mothering hat and put on the boss hat.  Her mother used to just disappear on her and her sister for weeks and even months at a time, so I think this abandonment by someone she relies on is tapping into unresolved pain from her past abandonment issues.  I'm like Lucy in Peanuts.  "The psychiatrist is in -- 5 cents.  That's all for now.  Except to complain one last time about how badly my ankle hurts.  There, I'm done.  

Cheers!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment