Thursday, April 24, 2014

Day ? - Crazy Bad Pain!

Dear Reader,  

Oh my gosh!  My back came out on the plane.  My left pelvic joint that was injured in that car wreck seven years ago, especially. The whole thing went into spasms which are horrible.  It's been worse, but this is pretty darn bad.  I've had 40 mg of prednisone, 3 Motrin, and .25 Xanax and I have been in the jacuzzi for about an hour at this point.  I think it's starting to ease up a bit.  I may be going downstairs to watch some a Parks and Rec or Big Bang while I ice my back to try to get the inflammation down.  SO glad I have a Prolotherapy treatment scheduled already. But, let me tell you something, when he puts a five-inch needle down in between my sacrum-il(come through for me here. Spellcheck!), sacrum-ilium (yes!!) joint ... that's a type of pain you long remember!  So that can inform you what my level of pain is right now that I'm looking forward to that injection!!

The trip to New York went very well.  The suit and top I ordered from Ann Taylor got in, looked great, and fit!  I already had the perfect shoes, purse, and jewelry; so it all pulled together nicely.  BUT!  My electric rollers wouldnt work .  I had plugged them in, the light was on, but they were stone cold!  I carry a flat-iron with me, thankfully, so I whipped it out and plugged it in, but it wouldn't heat either! So I realized then that it had to be a bad plug!  (If you're my age you may remember Steve Martin in "The Jerk". Do you remember when he is working at the gas station and the guy is shooting at him, but missing him over and over but hitting the oil cans?  Okay, then, do you remember when Steve Martin yells, "He hates these cans!!!" Ok, then you know what I sounded like when I said, "It must be the plug!!!")

So, I ran and plugged the rollers in in a different plug, confidant that they would work now.  They didn't!  So I then grabbed the flat-urn and plugged it in and it heated up right away.  Two problems, though. I am no good at sung a flat-urn in the first place and I am now already late to meet the driver who is waiting for me in the lobby!  I would have put it up, but husband had specifically requested that I wear it down. So, I take a few swipes at it and call it done and went on out to the lobby where I walked up to the driver and said, I kid you not!, "Howdy!"  Howdy???  Seriously?  In New York, the first thing out of my mouth is "Howdy!"  I mean, yes, I'm a Texan and all, but I don't ever say howdy except when in joking around! But there it was, hanging right there in a bubble in front of my mouth.  So, I have definitely begun my reputation as being the ultra-sophisticated woman that I am!

The phot-shoot was informal with the two of us outside and I hope they turned out ok.  My last publicity shot was four years ago and I was wearing my hair much shorter.  I probably need a new one.  

Then our realtor and I went to the house and looked it over closely and took a lot of measurements. It's so pretty.  The current owners have it decorated entirely in monotones, so I can't wait to get turned lose in it with paint, furniture, paper and fabric!

We were taken out to dinner that night by the chairman-of-the-board and his wife.  Lovely people!   And two of their kids live in the same town our two kids live in.  Happily, I checked the menu out first and was able to eat there easily.  

While we were talking, though, they mentioned the board meeting the next morning and I realized I had forgotten to bring anything to wear to it!  I had three pairs of jeans with me, but nothing else dressy.  So I didn't pay close attention to the conversation for a bit while I figured out what to wear.  I wore the ivory skirt from the suit, the black, short-sleeved, side-ruched, jewel-neck sweater I was wearing at the dinner with different jewelry, a wide-belt and a beautiful black and white tweed-type jacket I had brought to wear with my jeans and a white top.  I wore the black, patent, kitten-heeled sandals that I wore to the dinner, but without hose so they had a different look, especially with my classic red pedicure.  I found that Sally Hanson has a cream version of their spray-on hose and, if you mix it half and half with lotion and then apply it, you get a very nice look.  

Well, there's so much more to tell, but I have to get this back under control.  

Lots to do tomorrow.  The renal ultrasound is tomorrow and a girl I mentored for quite a while wants to come by to visit one last time.  And I have to give a tour if the entire house, including the basement, Monday.  Ugh!  My husband has an event tomorrow night so still least I won't have to out together a dinner.   Another big job tomorrow is figuring out what dat I'm on now!  If Sunday was the 27th, today is Thursday so four days later ... I guess that means today is Day 23. Thankfully I'm far too tired to panic!

Okay, tell me if I'm being a little bit mean-spirited here, but I was researching some stuff which led me to a woman's blog and saw that she also was trying to get healthier and she said she had an autoimmune disorder.  So I checked out her health section and she has LOW THYROID!!  And that is NOT an auto-immune disorder.  Heck, I've had Kuwait-thyroid for more than a decade.  (I left that spellcheck error up just for your enjoyment. How it turned "low-thyroid into "Kuwait-thyroid I'll never know!). I'm on supplements and routine testing, etc.  So ... was that mean of me when my thoughts were, "You call THAT health problems????!"

Later!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment