Saturday, April 26, 2014

Day 17 - Accomplished NOTHING!!

Dear Reader,

This was a completely unproductive day.  I slept late, but not crazy late.  Because of my pelvic joint being out of place I can't lay   On my side, so I have to stay propped up with pillows under my knees to keep me on my back.  The pain got worse and worse as the day went on, but I should have thought to ice it, and that probably would have helped.  I just took a long hot bath in the jacuzzi and that jet action on my back relaxes the muscles a lot and eases it up. Maybe it's relaxed enough to slip into place tonight!

I didn't want to put on my makeup or fix my hair this morning.  But I did it anyway since it's one of the things I'm focusing on.  As I did it I wondered why it's a problem for me to do this.  I think I understand it better now.  I all about working, doing, accomplishing, marking chores off my to-do list.  So taking the time to put on my makeup and fix my hair and get dressed nice is time that stands between me and what I apparently think is my purpose in life ... to work.  To take the time for myself to look nice is to say that I am about more than work.  Taking the time to make. myself look nice forces me to put attention on myself, rather than just the jobs ahead of me.  It makes me take the time to'thunk about my BEING before I let myself get about to DOING.  So that's why it sets up an immediate psychological dischord in myself.  Hmmmm ... interesting.  So I think it is important that I do keep doing this, especially when I think it is taking up too much time from working.  

I had just started my prayer time along with a cup of tea when my daughter came walking in.  I knew it.  I finished my prayer time and my Bible reading and then spent the rest of the day with her.  She and I had ordered her some work clothes when Loft had a 40% off sale.  Boy, when you apply that to their sales clothes, you can get some fantastic deals!  She tried things on for me and I went through my clothes and had her try on some things I was going to give away.  I have this one beautiful dres in got last year that is white, fit-and-flare with a beautiful floral print on the top and on the bottom of the skirt.  She doesn't like florals at all, but I talked her into just trying it on.  I heard her say, "I hate you!" as she came walking towards my bedroom!  It looked beautiful on her!  Mom is right yet again! 

I did get some work done in my closet, changing out my seasonal clothes.  But I'm leaving in more things for cool weather since I guess New York may still be cool at the first of June .  The hall is a mess with totes full of clothes in all different stages. I'm giving away lots of things I have been hanging onto, thinking I would lose the five, ten, fifteen pounds needed to get back in them.  No more!  

I had learned that a health food store opened up in our town, so my daughter and I went to check it out.  It's so darling!  It's quite small right now, and is like a miniature Whole Foods.  But we found lots of neat stuff and bought it.  I fixed us lunch at home and we ate outside in the lovely weather.  By the time she left, though, I was exhausted for some reason and had to go to bed.  Slept for two hours!  

I did, against all odds, get some yoga in today.  I focused just on getting to the mat.  I was really worried about my back so I just did some light stretching.  Even just doing a downward dog hurt.  

My husband had an event, so I stayed home while he was gone, but he just stayed for a few minutes.  Then we watched a little tv and I got in the jacuzzi and ... here we are.  I won't be able to take time with my daughter like today very soon, so I shouldn't feel like,I got nothing done.  Tomorrow doesn't look good for working either.  My husband is preaching at a church tomorrow.  I will need to go see my mother and my husband and I are going out on a date that evening.  So nothing much will get done tomorrow.  I have to start showing the house on Monday morning.  I don't see how I can possibly have it even neatened in time.  I'm not even unpacked from the trip yet, I can't bend over to move things or put things away, and their are clothes everywhere.  The candidate coming Monday is my least favorite, though, so is not goingbtomworry about it too much.  

That's it for now.  Just a quick check-in.  Oh, one other thing.  My kidneys haven't been doing much since we got back from the trip.  I've noticed before that when I get too tired, they seem to just quit for a few days until I'm rested again.  When I still had virtually no pee after sleeping for two hours, I got a little concerned.  But after eating dinner I finally actually needed to pee! I hope you're not saying to yourself, "Too much information!"  This whole BLOG is too much information!  Apparently there is some medicine they can out you in that increases your output, but I hope I don't have to get on that.  

Cheers!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment