Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Day 30 - Still in Bed

Dear Reader,

So much for sleeping it off and feeling refreshed this morning.  Not happening!  I'm still kind of low-key freaked out and depressed.  And it doesn't help at all that I have to see my mother first thing this morning at a luncheon.  I love these older ladies.  They are all either retired professors or married to retired professors.  I used to love going to their luncheons, it was almost like a monthly refuge.  But then they found out I had a mother their age in town and started inviting her, which ruined it for me.  She expected me to sit by her and talk to her, which I wouldn't do.  And just seeing her trying hard to interact with these women when she has no social skills was painful.  She is more comfortable with them now, so at least that's better.  But she goes crazy jealous if she sees me being fond of anyone else, so I just basically quit going.  I already said I would go though because it's probably my last opportunity to see them.  It starts in 58 minutes and is a good 20 minute drive from here, so I should probably get out of bed now.  

I have always said that, when she dies, I'll regret every chance I had to take her to lunch, etc.  But then something like this happens and I think ... nope!  She knows I was mad when I got off the phone last night, but I said it was because I was having problems with a big bush and getting into a parking place. But she will likely be on her best behavior today. 

So I guess I will, reluctantly, get out of bed now.  I really do need to get away from her, though, and am so,thankful for this upcoming move!

Reluctantly!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment