Saturday, April 4, 2015

Day 80 - Better Day

Dear Friend,

I couldn't go to sleep again last night, but I had, overall, a better day today.  I actually even got a few things taken care of.  You know I hoped to finish my study??  Hah! Not even close! It took me forever to get my most recent Bible studies organized and in binders.  I need a 3" binder for my Gospel of John study.  But for now, I got four of them organized in notebooks with index tabs and everything.  Tomorrow is Easter, but if I can get only one thing done, I'd really like to organize the closet in my study where all my Bible studies, commentaries, etc. are.  I also really need to get lighting picked out.  There's still just a hanging bulb in both the room and the sunroom.  

I still really wanted to hit back today.  The verse about using Jesus as your example "who, when He was reviled, He did not revile in return.was hard on me today.  

We went out for dinner and to pick up some suits my husband had purchased and get them altered.  I was ill at ease over all this and mostly just really sad.  I think I may be getting close to being able to write something that will not placate, for sure; but address these last several things that have happened between us.  I'm not sure that I want the relationships restored.  I don't know if that can even happen. I looked at the Great Courses online today because I knew they had one on skepticism.  Fund it. "skepticism: how to think like a scientist."  $69.  I wonder if there's is even a chance they would listen to the speeches if I got it for them?? Of course not.  

Anyway, I just hope I able to sleep tonight.  

We fnd a wonderful restaurant in a different village and it was so nice.  I had a roasted chicken with a butternut squash purée and roasted Brussels,sprouts, green apples, and bacon. It was delicious.  

We came home and started watching "Foxhunter."  I mean .. Channing Tatum, Steve Carrell, and Mark Russolo!  How could it not be a great movie??? Well ... let's just say it's not!  Steve Carrell plays the freakiest psychologically disturbed person!  

My mother texted me saying I had still not told her when I wanted her to come up.  Of course, I had talked with her about it very carefully.  But this time I texted it.  She's driving up here which I think is such a mistake.  But, there's no deterring her.  I haven't called her or anything because I'm still upset about all this.  But I'll have to call her tomorrow since it's Easter.  

I tried on two of my skirts from last summer and I can't wear them!!!  I wear the black skirt all the time that is the same size, so I'm hoping I'm just swollen from the cheese and wheat yesterday. I had wheat again today, but no dairy.  But I can't take a chance because I HAVE to have this skirt work for the installation, so I'm going to order it in a larger size right now!

I bought a really pretty pair of heels tonight at Aerosoles.  Nicely cushioned, three inch heel, rubber soul, nude pump.  They are very sturdy and I hope are shoes I can start wearing with jeans and things as just a standard heel.  It doesn't have an ankle strap, though, so I'm not completely confident in them.  Don't want those ankle joints to start coming out of place again.  

I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow and will be able to  really get a glimpse at the amazement of Jesus' rising from the dead!

Cheers!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment