Thursday, April 9, 2015

Day 76 - So ... How Do You Love Yourself?

Dear Reader, 

"How do I love me ... let me count the ways.  Ummmm... "

Does it come with being a mother?  I see myself as only existing to take care of other people.  Cook, clean, drive, meet, shop, entertain, etc.  Taking care of myself would have to mean that I CARE about myself ... and I don't.    I'm not even avoiding wheat at  all and have even been eating cheese, which I am very allergic to.  I just don't care anymore.  I'm so tired all the time,  making the right foods, juicing, keeping groceries going, going back to being vegetarian ... all of these require self-love.  I'm praying that God will show me how to do this again.  I don't exercise because it's so much trouble and I don't care.  I don't meditate.  I don't eat right,  I'm not even getting a prayer time hardly ever.   Not even getting manicures at all.  You should see my cuticles!  Everything takes effort and energy.  I will summon the energy for any member of my family who needs it.  Our daughter had an interview for an internship for a theater company, which she got!  It came out of the blue and she asked me if I would go into town with her the next day and, of course, I said yes and found the energy.  I really need things to slow down somehow.  Maybe my good friend will come up and spend a week with me and help me unpack again??? (Yes, that's what we call a "hint"!) 

Tonight our daughter has a meltdown over her ex boyfriend and ... did I have the time to sit up with her and talk?  Of course I did.  And her daddy did, too, even though I know he was exhausted.  We eventually got her to go downstairs and we watched two episodes of "Friends" which got her laughing and she's gone one to bed.  

I don't know what to do,  that's the theme of my life, I think.  

My mother comes in tomorrow and then my husbands family comes in on Thursday of next week for his installation.  It's going to be a pure nightmare.  He is super tense right now with all the things on him.  

I saw the neurologist today and got some of the testing done, but they did not get me scheduled for several of the tests so I have to come back.  I couldn't have any caffeine, so it was awful trying to wake u to get into the city for a 10:00 test.  But when I got there,they said my test wasn't until 3:39@. So I drove back home and went back to sleep.  Couldn't wake up again and had major brain fog when I did get up.  I couldn't find my keys and had to get the spare.  I couldn't find my phone.  I made a BLT to take with me and cooked the bacon in the microwave, and then forgot and left it there.  I backed t of the car and realized that I wasn't sure how to get there.  Didn't have my phone, so I had to use my iPad which had no signal even though I was right outside the house.  So I decided to run inside and print off directions.  So I started getting out of the car, but the car started moving and I couldn't figure out how to stop it.  Fortunately, there was a nice big TREE right there that stopped it!  So I ran back into the house and had all sorts of trouble getting the directions printed off.  Even still, I took the "George Washington" exit instead of the "Ft. Washington" exit, which screwed me up like crazy!!  Took me forever to find the hospital.  Then, after it got there, I found my phone in my purse.  I stopped and picked up pizza slices on the way home because I just didn't care what I ate.  

My brothers are continuing their attacks.  They are 64 and 68 years old!!!  I've been really saddened by it all.  

Well, that's it for tonight.  I hope for an petter day tomorrow and for you, too.  

Lisa
(discouraged). 


No comments:

Post a Comment