Sunday, April 12, 2015

Day 73 - So Far So Good

Dear Friend,

Well ... Everything has gone fine so far, thank God!  My mother has been very pleasant and amiable.  She talks a lot and that's hard for me, but none of it has been mean or anything.  She's having some problems with the stairs, but not too bad.  

I went to that church this morning.  I was late and it was very hard to find a parking place, oh -- I was out of gas and had to get some before I went across the bridge -- because there was a city street festival, so everything was packed.  I really, really enjoyed it!  I got there in time for some of the singing, and then the sermon was on the Holy Spirit and he used John 15-16 for his text.  It was a pretty good sermon.  They ended the service with a couple of songs, the last one being the old amaranth a song, "I love You, Lord, and I lift my voice, to worship You, oh my soul, rejoice." Do you know that song?  It is loveliness itself.  

I sent an email last night asking about the Sheltie, but I didn't hear back.  Maybe they'll be open and someone will answer the phone tomorrow.  

My mom and I are supposed to go shopping for her outfit for the inauguration tomorrow.  I MUST try on all these clothes sitting in boxes and return the ones that don't fit.  Please, God! Let something fit!!

I went to the grocery store after church and then made a pretty nice lunch.  I laid down and read and dozed some and then drove my mother around the villages.  Then came home and made a pretty big meal and cleaned up.  It took FOREVER to get everything cleaned and I was getting so tired.  

We don't have electricity in a bunch of the house tonight.  The electrician came out and found that one of the circuits was carrying a 220 volt instead of the 110 it should be carrying.  He and my husband spent most of the morning working on that,but he couldn't find the cause, so he had to just switch the circuit off.  So we have no power in a lot of the upstairs, and if can't even plug in my heating pad!

Our daughter starts her internship tomorrow and I am so excited for her.  She has been so depressed since she and her former boyfriend ended everything in bad terms and aren't texting anymore.  I'm hoping that actually going to work in midtown Manhattan will cheer her up.  

Have a great week!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment