Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Day 59 - Got a Lot Done Today

Dear Friend,

I felt better today, thank goodness.  I had a couple of moments of feeling very weak and one almost-passing-out moment, but overall ... much better.  

I worked very hard today.  Altogether harder than I care to work!  But I did get a lot done.  I got most of the laundry done and I got almost all of the packages packed up and loaded into my car.  

The goal tomorrow is to go to the Salvation Army to donate a bunch of things.  Then UPS and the post office.  Then Talbots, Chicos, Loft, Lord & Taylor, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Nordstrom!  And make it to an appointment with my psychologist by 2:30 and then my doctor at 3:45!  Then I'm going to stop at a grocery store to pick up dinner and come home.  I've got so many returns to make!  So, so, soooo many returns!!!   I've got a nice, tidy plan for tomorrow and have already written out all of the addresses for every place I need to go.  

My husband was able to get home earlier than I had expected, so I felt bad about the kind of crummy meal I had planned for just my daughter and I.  I made turkey patties and a frozen bag of sweet potato fries, some corn and roasted Brussels Sprouts.  Pretty yucky, but it will keep body and soul together at least.  

I watched another TED talk this morning and really enjoyed it.  It's a good way to help myself to wake up in the morning.  

In all my doing, though, guess what I did NOT do?  EXERCISES!!  Apparently I'm still at the bottom of my list when it comes to priorities!  

I opened an email today and found I have to give six more events in the near future.  In fact, I'll be hosting a dinner for 21 on Monday!

They finally installed the light fixture I got for the bottom of the back staircase.  It matches the really beautiful one at the top of the staircase.  The plaster is cracking badly, and so we've decided to -- wait for it --  put wallpaper over it and let someone else deal with it some time in the future!!  But I can't pick out the wallpaper until they get in the runner for the stairs.  What is there is so hideous, I just can't tell you! 

I'm trying to pick out an 11-ft umbrella for the wicker dining table and chairs by the pool, and two 9-ft umbrellas for the patio.  That patio gets so hot in the middle of the day, and there are bees nesting under the field stones!

Well ... I'm closing down now.  Speaking of closing down, I still don't feel like I've completely come back out of hiding since my mother left.  There's still a pretty tight wall of protection up.  I thought it would be gone by now.  

Our air conditioner upstairs is completely frozen up!  It's not being too bad tonight, but I sure hope they are able to get it working tomorrow.  Right now they are just waiting for all the ice to melt.  

Nighty night!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment