Sunday, June 1, 2014

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN ... Again!

Dear Reader, 

we did not move in today, after all.  We waited and waited for the movers ... what am I saying?  My husband waited and waited.   I slept and slept.  I literally slept around 14 hours last night!  I woke up around 1:30 and found out that my husband had been waiting for them at the house, but they never showed up.  So, I texted them and found out they had just crossed into Pennsylvania and would be here tomorrow.  When I said that we were supposed to,have moved in on the 1st, today, they called me.  The driver was perplexed and said, "Oh!  No, we don't do move-ins on Sundays!"  I stayed very ... well, just quiet and didn't really say much.  There was no point in getting upset with him.  This is the regional manager's and local supervisor's fault.  I just kept thinking to myself, "I will not have a stroke.  I will not have a stroke!"

Looking at the bright side, we had a really nice day.  We walled through the house and made decisions about where things will go.  We had sushi for lunch and then went to a nice place for dinner.  Came to the hotel and watched some Office episodes and called it a night.  They say they will be at the house between 8:30 and 9:00 tomorrow.  I don't believe it for a moment, but well be there waiting for,them, I'm sure.  

It's prettier than I dreamed here.  I hadn't been here when things were green before, so this was a wonderful surprise.  Our backyard feels like the woods!  All those neat sounds you hear when you go camping or something

I spent some time in the miserable hotel bathtub looking up doctors and chiropractors in the area.  I found an integrated medicine doctor who is local, closer than the other one, and sounds very well-trained and specializes in immuno-compromised people ... which would be me!

Have I told you about my mercury test results yet?  I don't think so.  They are super high.  My doctor says he has never seen a test result so high in all his years of practice.  And, remember, he only sees people with strange health problems.  I don't eat that much fish and, when I do, I usually have catfish or tilapia or shrimp; all of which are in the low-mercury lists.  I was trying to learn about chelation therapy today which is something they do to remove heavy metals from your body.  Sounds like it is NOT a good idea!  I gather there are some natural therapies to remove them that don't involve injecting you with chemicals.  But, I read that you may develop high heavy-metal levels if you are low in glucosamine.   Now, who wants to lay a little wager that I am not just low, but crazy-low in glucosamine???  But, is that the right thing?  Nope.  It's glutathamine that I read about.  

So, I'm going to go to bed and try to go to sleep.  It will be hard knowing I have to get up early.  To help with the movers I put up big signs on each room, saying what they are.  And then, on all the floors, I put notes saying where the large pieces of furniture go; hoping to cut down on the "where do you want this?", "where does this go?" and all the running up and down stairs showing them.  I bet, though, that it doesn't do a bit of good.  

I can't begin to tell you how much I feel at home here already.  I love, love, love it!  I told my husband I was made to live here.  He laughed and said, "So she says in the summer!"

That's it for tonight.  Have a good day tomorrow and think about us.  However bad your day may be tomorrow, mine is probably worse!  Let that comfort you tomorrow!!!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment