Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Day 345 - In a Lot of Pain

Dear Reader, 

This will be short because I'm in a lot of pain.  One of my neck vertebra has come out of place and it is extremely painful.  It's been hurting bad all day, but towards the evening, it shifted further and has been extremely painful.  Especially if I turned my head in the slightest.  I found a chiropractor and will see him tomorrow morning, thank goodness.  I hope he's good!  I got very discouraged over it this evening.  Even shed a few tears of self-pity.  Give me a break!  I don't do constant pain well!  Tend knowing that this is going to happen my whole life got to me.  I looked up Ehlers-Danlos and found that it's one of those super rare disorders.  Yay, me!  I just need a good chiropractor and a good prolotherapist!  This chiropractor is very close to me, I don't think he's even a mile away.  

I used this pain and the low-intensity work day it created as a means to push myself to find a doctor and a counselor.  In fact, I started researching counselors in the area and texting them to my friend in Tennessee for her to see what she thought.  She was getting the texts as coming from an email account that doesn't have my name in it.  Her daughters told her not to open them because she'd get a virus!  But then I said, "Ding! Ding!  We have a winner!" and she knew it was me.  I called one that is thirty some minutes away.  She sounds great and trauma and EMDR for trauma are two of her specialties.  The whole place sounds great.  It's just women counselors and they just see women!  They're having an aromatherapist come in next week to talk about scents for summer. I'm sorry, but that sounds wonderful to me!  So, I may get to see her Friday morning, depending on insurance issues.  

I also tried to make an appointment with an integrative health medical doctor today.  Turns out she's started specializing in an area that is not me.  So I told her nurse what all I had going on and she was going to talk to her tonight about whether she wanted to take me on as a patient or not.  One problem, though, is that she doesn't take insurance.  You have to pay up front, and then submit the bill to your insurance company.  I've got to talk to my husband, but I'm pretty sure that's going to be a problem.  
  
So, that's three things I got taken care of today that I had been putting off.  I also got quite a bit of unpacking done despite my neck ... until it shifted and I haven't done anything since then.  

Our daughter comes in this Sunday!  I've ordered her sheets and a blanket since I can't find hers either.  I ordered a white space saver for her bathroom, which is tiny!  There's not even a towel ring I there!  What did the previous people do?  I was thinking of trying to paint it before she got here, but ... I think that that is not going to happen now. 

And my good friend and her husband are coming to see us in July!  I'm so excited!  Broadway, here we come!  Osteria al Doge, here we come!  She's going to come in a few days early to help me, which will be wonderful! 

My husband told me to just go ahead and go to Ethan Allen and order the furniture for the downstairs.  I was try got figure out how to do this in the most cost effective way, but he said to just get it.  So that will make things so much easier.

I think a vertebra just below my shoulders has come out of place now, too.  If you want to know what Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome is like, read this blog.  She describes it perfectly.  She doesn't seem to know about prolotherapy, though.  http://brilliantmindbrokenbody.wordpress.com

I need to get by Bed, Bath, and Beyond this week and pick our daughter up a bath mat and things like that.  I have everything for our guest bedroom, not her bedroom, except a mattress and box springs!  Kind of need to get those.  I want to see what mattresses a hotel here has.  It was so comfortable, and my back didn't hurt at all.  I didn't even need my heating pad!

That's it for tonight.  I think I've decided on doing jazzercise instead of the Y.  Need to visit a class, though, and make sure I can do it without collapsing for three or four days afterwards.  

Again, I didn't do anything for my health today in particular except to eat pretty well and I did allow myself some time to sit in the sun and pull some weeds coming up between the patio flagstones.  

Cheers!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment