Sunday, June 29, 2014

Day 341 - Got My Girl!

Dear Reader, 

We picked up our daughter at Laguardia today.  She had a good time traveling by herself. I nearly killed myself today getting her bedroom and bathroom cleaned, ordered, unpacked, and prepared for her.  I wasn't able to get her space saver assembled, so I didn't hand a cute picture in her bathroom.  But hopefully that will be finished tomorrow.  

She and her father are going into Manhattan tomorrow to see "Wicked."  I am not going because "The Wizard if Oz" freaked me out so badly as a child.  I was forced to watch it each year even though it terrified me.  In fact, it disturbed me enough that I very nearly didn't reference it here.  She used to think I could handle "Wicked," but then, after seeing it again in Nashville, decided that I can't.  So I'm sitting this one out.

Her bedroom came together really pretty and comfy and she likes it a lot.  Tomorrow I want us to go get manicures and eat lunch out and do some trails.  She brought her fitbit with her and walking shoes.  

Speaking of fitbit's, I made 15,900ish steps today doing all this housework.  I also cleaned up the yard of dog poop and sprayed it down with the lawn deodorizer which seemed to work.  

I've stayed up too late, again!  We stayed up to introduce her to "Sherlock," which she loved!  I could understand more of he dialogue this time.  Wouldn't it be lovely if my hearing improved as well as my sense of smell??

Phone you're looking forward to a new week and not dreading it.  I worked really hard this weekend so that I could not have to do much this week. 

Wonder what I'll do while they're gone.  Three boxes in bedroom.  About five BIG boxes in kitchen.  About that many in family area.  Two or three in the living room. . . and about a MILLION in the dining room!  There are about ten large boxes that the unpackers just threw in a heap outside the shed, but they put the racks for the shed in the basement! Maddening!  But, there is an end in sight!

So, cheers!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment