Monday, June 2, 2014

Day 1 - Moved Into Our New Home

Dear Reader, 

Today was pretty awful, but we are in the house at last.  Stuffed to the gills and flowing over.  I'm not sure what happens, but the interior seems to be much smaller than we thought.  The rooms are different, but I still thought everything would equal out, but no!  Apparently not!  I'm not sure what were going to do, but it looks like we are going to have to get rid of a lot more things.  Big things like furniture.  My husband wants a small baby grand, but I'm not seeing that happen.  A lot of space was used in the dining room, which is quite large.  It's significantly larger than the living room, which doesn't especially make sense.  

They can't get my couch through the doors to get it into my study!   That couch is quite important to me, and I'm going to get it in there one way or the other!  They completely forgot how to put my glass desk back together, even though they took it apart.  The poor guy who did it was so mad at himself. We finally said that we would have the physical plant put it together, so they could leave.  

Well, tomorrow is Day 1, at long last.  I have a good schedule planned tomorrow which is well-balanced, I think, and even includes a walk with a dog.  

I need to fall I love with homemaking again.  I did love it in the past, but life has gotten so hectic and busy since he became a university president.  Since I'm backing out of all that, I may be able to start really enjoying it again.  I'm horrified that so many things got so out-of-control since, usually, I am an organization nazi!  

My plan tomorrow, once I get to the house and start working, is to do 45 minutes at a time in one area of the house.  I'll begin with three rooms: the kitchen, the little bitty family room, and our bedroom.  After I get enough progress going there, I'll add to it our bathrooms and the outdoor areas.  

They don't have the fence up yet, and it will probably be two weeks before it's done.  So we are keeping the dogs in the fenced area around the pool and they are staying in the pool he's for now.  The pool cover is one of those things that is supposed to hold an elephant.  Our Jack Russell likes to walk around on it, getting her feet wet.  This morning, I saw her walk out onto the middle ft the pool cover and pee!  Great!  Just great!  

I'm hoping for a good and productive day tomorrow.  I wasted some time in the tub looking for the right bedding set for our bedroom.  And then wasted some time looking for a pet shower thing, but I can't find the one I wanted.  

So, wish me a good day tomorrow.  I know the house will be fine after we get rid of a lot more things.  My husband is finally ready to get rid of a lot of things, so that will be great.  

Have a wonderful day tomorrow.  

Cheers!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment