Thursday, June 5, 2014

Day 363 - Sleeping In Our Own Bed Tonight!

Dear Reader,

This has been a stressful day.  It started off well enough.  I got up, eventually!, and packed up my stuff and checked out of the hotel.  As I drove to the house, my husband called and asked if I knew that the cable guy was coming from 1:00-3:00 and I needed to be there at the house.  I was supposed to have lunch with the realtor at 12:30 and no one had told me about it.  He said they had sent me an email, but I had not gotten anything from them about it.  So I had to cancel the lunch, which actually worked out pretty well because she was not feeling well.  But, then he called and said that the COO (chief operating officer?) was coming over at 1:00 and he wanted me to tell him about what I wanted to do with the house.  I balked at that, but he said he really wanted to get going on it, and I realized I had to do it sometime and it might as well be now, so I agreed.  

Then some of the workers arrived and worked on getting my washer hooked up.  They were able to get my sofa into my study, something the movers insisted was a physical impossibility.  I was so relieved and happy about that!  Then the COO got here and I went over with him my main ideas for decorating the downstairs.  He was obviously impressed, which was nice.  It's going to look so bright and warm and beautiful when I'm finished, I can hardly wait!  

Some previous owners have done some awful things to the house.m they put in very contemporary, CHEAP, kitchen cabinets.  He wants to rip the whole thing out.  I thought we could just replace the doors, but he says they're just particle board.  So I guess they're coming out.  He liked my French country decorating ideas with the chandeliers and everything.  I, of course, mislaid my iPad as soon as he arrived so I couldn't show him the pictures I had on my phone, but I had my paint card and fabric samples and picture I'd pulled out of magazines, so it worked out.  I found my iPad as soon as he left, of course.  

The missing wicker furniture has been located.  Somehow someone thought that it was supposed to go into storage.  Oh, well.  

After everyone finally left, I went to get something to eat and to go to the grocery store.  I had a nice time at the store, it was on the small side, but had everything I think I will need.  Beautiful produce!  I chatted with a woman on the pet aisle who was also buying cat food, and we had a nice conversation.  While I was in line, a man walked up to me and picked up something that had fallen onto the floor and put it up and teased me about knocking it off.  Then he laughed and said he knew I had net done it, that whatever it was had already been there.  He was only buying a coke, so I told him to go ahead in front of me.  He thanked me and said that, since I was so nice, he wouldn't tell anyone I had knocked those things over!  I never figured out what it was that had fallen!  Then the checker put my York mint down with the other groceries to be bagged.  I picked it up and said, "Oh, no!  Don't you know you ALWAYS put the mint in the woman's hand!"  He got a laugh out of that.  The young man who bagged my groceries (I bought some reusable bags, it being New York and all!) was very nice.  Not quite right, you know, but very pleasant and we had a nice chat.  I'm not sure we were chatting about the same thing, but it was very pleasant.  So, altogether a successful trip to a New York grocery store.  They even had grits!  I bought grits, corn tortillas refried beans, and veggie shredded cheese substitute.  So I'm good for quite a while now!

When I got home, though, my cat started calling for me.  I went everywhere calling for her with her answering, but it took me forever to figure out where she was.  She was under the stove!  I was laying on the floor looking at her eyes, trying to figure out how to help her get out, when my husband came to the door.  The dogs went wild and caused her to bolt!  I got up and welcomed him home and then got back on the floor and finally found that she had gotten herself into a hole of some sort under the big kitchen island.  I got a can of food and was putting some one my fingers for,her to sniff, but she couldn't seem to figure out how to get anything more than her head doubt of the hole.  Then something else happened and the dogs went crazy again and she was just gone!  

I can't remember if I was keeping this blog or not the last time this happened.  I tried not to panic and freak out this time, and did fairly well.  I went down into the basement and finally saw that there was a rectangular hole cut out of the kitchen floor.  Perhaps it was at one time an a/c vent.  But then this big island was put over it and it was never closed up.  So, from the basement, you can look up into the hole.  I realized that she was somewhere between the two floors; between the kitchen floor and the ceiling of the basement.  We finally went and got my husband dinner and came back, but she was still no,where to be found.  We sat down and watched an Office, and she finally came out!  What a relief!  

I had found the boxes of bed linens and had unpacked the foam mattress topper and the mattress cover, dust ruffle, pillows and pillow cases earlier.  So,I thought it would be short work to put the bed together for us to sleep in it, but ... NO!  Of COURSE not!  The other two boxes had the duvet and wool blanket that had just come back from the cleaner.  But no sheets.  After going through all of the boxes in the bedroom , we realized that they simply aren't in here.  Or in the small adjoining room where a lot of things were out.  Dollars to donuts they're in the basement somewhere!  So, were sleeping on the mattress pad under a blanker, but at least we are in our own bed tonight!

The cat is ecstatic!  

Oh, amazing news, our old dog peed on the pee pad last night!  I was amazed.  She's downstairs tonight in a diaper.  

I still have so much work to get done, but I feel like we made some good headway tonight.  I'm not happy with our movers.  We told them to go on and leave the desk like it was and we'd take care of it. But I've since found that they didn't out one of the beds together, or put the top back on an armoire, or put the decorative,pieces back on the too of a huge bureau we have.  

My new bath tub is comfortable ... and baby blue!  It's a jacuzzi and it works, but there are no jets on the back which is too bad since that's where I have the problems.  

I think I have too much wicker, something I would have thought was impossible!  But, our love seat looks like it has had it after this last move.  I've been saying that there was nothing holding these pieces together except for,paint, and I think this might be proving me right.  

So, I'm going to try to go to sleep.  We may even be able to pull off a date night to mottos night which would be excellent! 

I trying to be fairly careful with what I eat, but that's about it in terms of my health at this point.  

My husband told me today that he's certain that we made the right decision coming here, that he sees it more clearly each day.

So, that's it for me tonight.  I'm still,wondering how much I can get done Friday and Saturday ... but I don't think there's anyway I'm going to be done in a week!  

Cheers!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment