Saturday, June 21, 2014

Day 349 - Anyone Want a Dog? Or Four??

Dear Reader,

I will sum up yesterday by saying it was filled with excrement.  And I'm not being cute to keep from saying a bad word.  I mean it was full of dog excrement!  From the beginning to the end of the day.  It began when I went downstairs after waking up and seeing vomit placed neatly behind a large basket in the entry.  That was Beatrice.  She's very considerate that way!  Then I found that Chessie had peed in about three places in the kitchen area where she stays at night.  I cleaned that up and went about my day with its endless unpacking.  I was in such a bad mood and sooooo sick of everything.  After unpacking for about two hours, I left the room only to find that Allie had had diarrhea all over the dining room floor.  So much pooh!!!  I cleaned it up and just left the house.  I stayed gone for a while and didn't come back until I had had french fries and a York mint!  I mopped most of the downstairs and got the smell out of the house.  But I started getting really hot and then realized that the downstairs a/c had quit working!  Thankfully I had made a large salad with shrimp, so I didn't heat up,the house much with cooking.  Dealt with more pee throughout the day and evening. At one point I went outside and realized that the dogs were confining their pooping activity to the small formal back yard, instead of walking,across the sidewalk and across the pergola to the large portion of the yard.  And it smelled bad!  

It was just, in general, a really bad day yesterday.  I spent sometime trying to figure out how to keep the dogs off of this small, formal yard.  But for every product there is one person says it's fantastic and another person says it is a waste of money.  I ended up deciding to try just vinegar for now, which everyone seems to say works pretty well.  A little, decorative fence that would for ce them to go down the sidewalk would be best. 

Maybe I should close here and start a new entry for today.  

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment