Sunday, August 31, 2014

Day 278 - Did You Know That a Prayng Mantis Can Fly???

Dear Reader,

Once I get into the pool and get past the cold, I really love it. I even tried meditating and doing some yoga poses in it.  I'm increasing the number of laps I'm doing, but not pushing at all.  While I was outside, I saw a large thing fly across the yard to where I have set up a chair in a little nook.  It looked like one of these large Luna moths.  After a bit, one of my dogs caught it and was carrying it in her mouth until I told her to let it go.  She complied, and that's when I saw that it was a Praying Mantis!   Prayng, or preying?  Whatever.  This thing was 6-7 inches long and angry!  It had all of its wings flared out all over.  Who knew!!!!?  It was horrifying!  And ugly!  After a couple of minutes, it flew back over to my nook and got on my chair.  Guess I won't be sitting there for a while!

I got the cat's bathroom thoroughly cleaned and even got a shower curtain put up.  I moved her litter box to another room.  I've shown it to her ... sure hope she remembers!

I made a large salad for dinner and then cooked basmati rice and made a turkey Italian Sausage currywurst whch turned out pretty well.  

That's pretty much it for me.  I got some odds and ends done, but nothing to speak of.  Tomorrow's a fresh try.  

Have a great Labor Day!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment