Saturday, August 16, 2014

Day 293 - Xanax up is Hitting! Nighty Night!

Dear Reader, 

Friday was a pretty full day.  I had to get up early to see a new psychologist, the one I've told you about it.  First impression?  WONDERFUL!  I really thought I'd leave there feeling completely depressed about my life, but I didn't at all.  She is in her 60's, I imagine.  Her office is in her home on the second floor.  The staircase is lined with tons of family photos.  Her office is warm tones of beige and honey with two large windows, so it is airy and bright.  Perfect for me and SO much better than the last place which was in the basement of a building and was kind of gloomy.  We actually just had a nice talk.  I talked more about the last few years than childhood/adolescence, etc.  I told her about what led up to my breakdown, filled her in on the major players in my life.  A little about health issues.  She smiled a lot and said that I must be "complicated"!  If I had a dime for every time I've heard that before!  Anyway, I am very happy to be working with her.  She asked what my goal for therapy was and I said I wanted to be normal.  I realized how lame that sounded and said that I had a lot of self-defeating habits and behaviors that I would like to get past.  And, of course, we talked about the PTSD.  So, that was very encouraging.  Yay!

Next I went to Ethan Allen and met with the decorator and knocked out some better paint colors for the sunroom.  I think I'm going to like this much better.  And I did pick out an indoor/outdoor rug for the sunroom that I think will not only be more practical, but will look a lot better.  

Then I went to a fabric store and looked at fabrics.  They ordered several samples for me.  Unfortunately,this turned out to not be a place where they have the fabric there, they just have all,the books there.  So I found the PERFECT Ralph Lauren fabric for the drapes in my husband's study with a coordinating fabric for a pillow in his chair and a coordinating velvet for window seat covers.  It will be GORGEOUS!  Only one problem.  After I got home I checked the price of the fabric and it is $129 a yard!!  No chance!  So I did a web search and found a site on etsy that has 12 yards for $40 each.  Now, that is mor like it.  I have to measure it tomorrow and see if 12 yards will do it.  A quick head count says I can do it, but I bet that's wrong.  But no cotton fabric is worth $129 a yard!

After that I saw the chiropractor.  He did take X-rays of. Y neck.  My vertebrae are staying in pretty good alignment with flexing so that's good.  But he showed me something that I don't think anyone else has picked up on.  It looks like the car wreck actually chipped off a corner of one of my vertebrae in my neck ... the corner of the C-4.  You can see where the chip broke off and where it has grown back together.  I knew it hurt!!!

My back and neck are adjusting more easily now.  It's not taking as much force to get them to move.  So, I think that may mean that some of the swelling is going down.  He says that I have ligament laxity.  That some of that comes with age, but mostly mine is caused by the underlying Ehlers-Danlos syndrome.  So, getting adjustments is going to be a constant thing because my ligaments can't hold an adjustment.  He did mor e-STEM treatment.  My left arm is fine and I think has got full mobility back.  But my right arm is still another story.  There is a line of pain that runs the length of my bicep and the ligaments from my neck to my neck to my shoulder are still very painful and tender.  And, if I touch the outside of my upper arm, it feels that awful pain/fire that I think can only come from nerve damage.  I haven't looked further into wheth or not this can be just an attack from the Ehlers-danios, or something else, like being without my cymbalta for two long.  My thighs are still in a lot of pain and I even seemed to pull a tendon on my right calf just below the back of the knee.  Finding a rheumatologist should probably be fairly high on my list of  priorities.  

I was flipping through a Pottery Barn catalogue and found what I want to use in the room that we are converting into a closet.  I think it will look nice without being ridiculously expensive like the closet systems you see everywhere.  I have nine yards of a gorgeous fabric I bought probably fifteen years ago that I have been hanging on to all this time.  It is the matching fabric to some wallpaper I used three houses ago.  It is so beautiful and very romantic.  I think I want to use it to make drapes for the two windows in the closet room and paint the walls a dusky light pink.  

I think the foyer is going to be Hollywood glamorous before it's through.  

I've chewed all my nails off to the quick again. Darn.  

The house was in a really bad state today from me not being able to do much of anything this week because of my arms. I got the breakfast room cleaned and the pool house cleaned, and the kitchen cleaned.my bath room neatened,some laundry done, I also got some floors swept.  It's always amazing how much these dogs shed.  I went to the grocery store and made a simple meal of mnepaked potatoes and a large salad.  

I'm reading an amazing book called "All the Light We Cannot See."  Exquisily written but I don't think timid going to end well,for,our two protagonists.  One is a blind french girl, 16 years old and a German boy about the same agel. He is using trigonometry to capture illegal french broadspcasts.  She and her great uncle and her great uncle arm are broadcasting illegal transmissions.  They are currently in the same town with him 

Xanax is go hitting. Goy yo sleep now. 

Cheers.,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment