Thursday, August 7, 2014

Day 302 - How the Other 0.025% Live

Dear Reader, 

This will be super short because, frankly, I had too much wine this evening! Now, mind you, almost ANY wine is too much wine for me, and I think I had two glasses this evening.  

Here's the skinny version of the day:

1.  Could barely drag myself out of sleep again today.  What is up with that?  And where's that cortisol surge rye supposed to get in the morning?  Oh, yea.  I would know if I had done that cortisol test yet,which I haven't.  

2. Got a really good mani/pedi for $30

3.  Had the appointment with the functional medicine doctor.  She seems to have a much more intensive practice than my former doctor has.  

4.  Was first shown in to a white woman, instead of the Korean doctor I was expecting.  I'm not sure what was going on, but I casually questioned her until I found out that she was not an M.D. But had, instead, studied naturopathy.  Now, I'm all for naturopathy, but I had picked the Korean doctor because of the med school she attended and because she is an associate professor at a New York med school ... or some kind of teaching position there.  I told her I was not comfortable with seeing her and wanted to see the doctor I had come to see.  This was a big step for someone who has been steeped in the Southern culture for women for 25 years.  I did like the Korean doctor very much and am looking forward to seeing her.  

5.  Going over all my medical history and surgeries and hospitalizations, etc. is always pretty depressing.  I can handle the day to day pretty well.  But looking at the whole picture takes a chunk out of me each time.  

6.  I missed the call back from the trauma psychologist.  But at least she called back.  

7.  We had dinner in a nearby town with an incredibly rich couple.  I mean ... really, really rich.  As in, I have never seen a house like this, much less been in one!  There was a gate you had to go through to get into the neighborhood with a guard and a guard house, and before we could go in, the guard called their home to speak to them to be certain it was ok!  When we pulled up I said, "wait a minute!" and grabbed the camera just to snap a picture of the house to show our daughter!  

8.  I am down to four picture boxes in the dining room now.  

9.  I did manage to make a little progress in the closet room which has been such an unbelievable disaster. 

And that's it for me!  Good night!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment