Sunday, November 30, 2014

Day 204 - May Have Found a Church!

Dear Friend,

We visited church in another village that meets in the gym of a private girls' school.  I was so tired from waking up early (their service starts at 9:30!) that I had difficulty staying awake, but my husband says it was the best message he's heard in a long time.  Only problem was ... jazz music again!  It was even the same song leader as at the other church.  The jazz was not as front-and-center as at the other church, possibly because it was only a piano and a drummer.  But their music during the offertory was just some jazz piece ... not a jazz take on a Christian song or anything.  I felt like I should be sitting in a fancy bar wearing a low-cut black dress withy my legs crossed seductively drinking a Cosmopolitan and whispering in my husband's ear.  Ummm ... nice little mental image, but not really the one I'm looking for during a worship service.  I told him I could handle it if he took me into the city once a month for a dose of loud, rock, Christian worship music!  So, we'll see what happens.  I like that this place has Sunday school classes, even if they are after the service.  I came home encouraged that we may have finally found a place.  The drive was an easy fifteen minutes, so that's do-able.

I went straight to bed when I got home and went to bed and to sleep for a couple of hours.  Then I made some chili for dinner which I served on baked potatoes without even a salad.  And I was still tired by the time the meal was made and really tired after cleaning up the kitchen.  I got online and looked up fatigue and dysautonomia and it turns out that it is a huge topic of concern and confusion.  Apparently part of it is that your brain is not getting enough oxygen and, in general, you are not getting the right amount of oxygen perfusion ... which I guess means all of your cells aren't getting enough oxygen.  I also did some quick checking and found that the Ehlers-Danlos is what causes the dysautonomia.
Yeah ... I don't know what a lot of that means, either.  But at least I know what came first, the chicken or the egg.  Or rather, the connective tissue disorder or the neurological disorder.  

But I can tell you one thing for sure.  This exhaustion and fatigue SUCK big time!  I have got to get healthier!  

I think tomorrow will be warm, so I plan on finishing up my back yard.  I don't know if I told you that I emptied out all of the things that people through into my shed and pulled out a lot of other stuff so I could get everything put back in, organized.  It got dark, so I had to leave it for the morning.  Except a snow storm came in during the night and we got about three inches of snow and several days of frigid weather!  So, my shed is still sitting out there open with my tools and pots spread everywhere!  

Last night I picked out the light fixtures for the halls, the breakfast room, and the dressing room.  I found another chandelier that is so pretty and so well-priced, that I may have to find a room for it! But I made three decisions in one night .... A record.  Except ... I've been trying to make these decisions for more than a month now.  

Right now I'm trying to find an interior door to form an airlock between the front door and the foyer where the baby grand is.  I, once again, have a huge to-do list for tomorrow.  But at least we are eating in the cafeteria, so I won't have to cook or cleanup.  

I decided to get a saline infusion this week before I leave to go to Tennessee.  

Oh, and, by the way ... it's December, so let the panic begin!

Cheers!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment