Thursday, November 27, 2014

Day 207 - Happy Thanksgiving!

Dear Friend,

Today ran a pretty full gamut ... gamet ... hmmmm.  Spell check has no comment on either.  I'm going to go with gamut of feelings

First, getting up at 5:30 was awful!
Second, the train was late!  Not only that, but apparently the senior engineers had the day off and this was a newbie because he stopped the train too,soon and we had to walk a bit to it, which was kind of funny.
Three, we took a cab to the building from where we watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  New experience, kind of fun, a little boring.  I had some oatmeal while I was there and maybe I am allergic to it because I felt weak and not great afterwards, almost like I had net eaten anything.  We left and it was snowing and so my daughter and husband decided to walk to Grand Central.  I didn't object because I knew how much they were enjoying it, but my blood pressure dropped and my blood sugar dropped and I literally barely made it to the train.  Police officers were checking everyone's tickets and one of them saw my face and looked real concerned and asked if I was ok.  I was awful.  We got hme and I ate two packages of Pirate's Bootie because it had more salt than potato chips and went to sleep.

For dinner we went to a really nice restaurant right on the Hudson and had a delicious Thanksgiving meal.

And now, it's time for the complaints.
1.  My arm is killing me.  I did have the MRI finally on Wednesday at least
2.  On the same arm I now have an infection where they removed that place on my arm and it hurts.
3.  My toe is killing me.  I haven't even told you about it, have I?  I think it's trying to die or something.  I have a referral to a podiatrist, I just haven't made the appointment yet.

Tomorrow begins my next round of How Do I Improve My Life contemplations.  If I don't finish my study tomorrow I'm going to go crazy!
If I don't pick out my hall chandeliers tomorrow I'm going to go crazy!
I want to pull up one box of Christmas and do just the tiniest bit of decorating.

Till then. I hope you had a delightful day.  And ... may I add that we have got to be clamoring for a true investigation of what happened in Ferguson and a full disclosure.  I think a lot of white people are as upset about this as black people are.  I almost had it out with a woman on a friend's post today!

Cheers!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment