Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Day 214 - First Party Is a Hige Success!

Dear Friend,

Things went great today.  I think we had around 350 people come!  The tent to was an absolute essential!  I stayed at the door the entire time greeting people as they came and telling them goodbye as they left, but I understand that people were everywhere!  We definitely need to figure out a better way to handle coats!  We had two hat racks upstairs and about three or four ladies taking coats, giving claim tickets, and running the coats upstairs to hand up, but it still got backed up a good amount.  The cleaners didn't show up!  I called the owner and she nearly had a heart attack.  She sent two teams out  right away and had one person stay to help clean up.  She apologized profusely and I, sure it won't happen again.

The furniture is scheduled to come tomorrow sometime between 8 and 10 am.  Qu'elle nightmare.  I don't know why I didn't reschedule and see if they could do it Friday instead.  I have to look good in the morning, because the last time my decorator was here I looked like absolute death!  She liked one of the tables I picked out for the vestibule, but didn't like any of the ones I picked for the foyer.

I went to sleep after the party and slept for three hrs.  A few minutes after I woke u I started hearing my dogs back from the front yard!  So I jumped up to go get them and slipped in some vomit ... Went flying and landed ON my shoulder with the torn deltoid, rotator cuff, etc!  Wowee wow wow!  It hurt so bad!  One of our dogs has a sensitive stomache and doesn't lie stress, so I'm guessing who it was.  And, my daughter got downstairs sooner than I did, obviously, and found that out front door was wide open!  While we were both upstairs asleep!

Our son may have a job!  A community college in the town sphere he is needs to hire an adjunct professor real quick!! This would be so AWESOME GREAT for him!!

Well, I'm off to sleep.  I'm not going to get enough sleep, but I can sleep later if I need to.  We watched a House tonight and it was the final one with him in the mental institution and it left me pensive from when I was in a mental palace for suicide prevention for two weeks.     Not a fun time, but it does lend a certain depth to my life now.

Well.  Dying for some sleep.

Cheers!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment