Friday, November 14, 2014

Day 219 - Feeling Much Better

Dear Friend,

I am happy to tell you that I did not tear anything in my left shoulder with all those spasms.  It is fine today, and I am so grateful!

I give my first vent tomorrow evening: the dinner for our ladies' athletic team.  The cleaners are coming in the morning to clean the downstairs, and I actually have the entire downstairs pretty much picked up and ready for them.  I'm going to take pictures of how my accessories are arranged and print them off and tell them that I want them out back exactly(!) as I have them.  The china deliver in the stairwell has been installed and I'm really happy we it.  The crystal basket for the vestibule has been installed.  It's pretty small, but so is the space, and there was only five inches available from the ceiling to the top of the door when it opened.  One problem, though.  This basket was smaller than the fixture that had been there and had almost a hundred years of paint piled up,  so the painter grinder it down ... But he smoothed out a large circle, while the rest of the ceiling has a bit of a texture to it.  The last two sconces for the foyer have not arrived yet, so the two that are up there look completely out-of-place.

I worked really hard today getting everything cleaned up and working with the zillion people who were in the house asking a zillion questions.

Oh oh.  I mentioned to someone about flowers for the tables, but forgot to double check on that.  Too late now if they didn't get them ordered.

Well, I'm super tired and going to head for bed.  What am I saying?  I'm IN bed!

So, here's a question.  How am I supposed to find a dermatologist and a podiatrist?  It's way too complicated.  Maybe I'll just use doctors at this hospital where I'm going for my MRI.

I don't know what is becoming of the world with all the various forms of hatred being cultivated these days.  Hate the immigrants.  Hate the Muslims.  Hate Obama.  Hate a Liberals.  Hate Democrats.  Have you heard the new thing with people throwing a fit that a Wal-Mart in Florida is going to offer meat that has been slaughtered according to halal regulations.  So, now were supposed to hate Wal-Mart, too.  Okay, well, that ones pretty easy because of the way they treat their employees.  I had to delete a funny joke I had posted because my older brother used it to make a ridiculous political statement.

And now have you heard the new thing out there that Allah is actually the name for some ancient Moon God and is, in some way, Satan??  I just have no words.  Well, I have two words.  Gullible and ignorant.  

Oh, I had an actual reaction last night just out of the blue after brushing my teeth.  My tongue swelled up and I got a hive on my chin.  Have no idea why.  Had to go downstairs to get some medicine to take.

Tomorrow I really want to get my laundry washed and the laundry room tidied up, and my desk cleaned off, stationed in the room, and the sunburst mirror hung.

Im almost looking forward to winter.  I wonder why that is?

Cheers!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment