Friday, November 28, 2014

Day 206 - Doctor's Visit

Dear Friend,

I slept till 11:00 this morning, I was really exhausted from yesterday.  My daughter and I had to go see the doctor and that took up the bulk of the day.  She drank a lot of water, for her, last night and today, so they were able to get blood samples for testing from her this time.  My MRI was in and I didn't follow it all, but it basically said that my shoulder is all the heck messed up and I do have a tumor there.  This is probably part of,the pain since it is likely pressing on nerves, etc.  The report says it may be a lipoma, but I suspect it's probably one of the fibrous/fatty tissue tumors the Ehlers-Danlos creates.  My doc doesn't know other doctors here so I going to have to look for a physical therapist and a prolotherapist and she'll call,them to vet them.  I also still have to find a foot doctor.  She tested me today for uric acid to see if I could have gout.  She looked over my original blood work as she went over my adrenal glands test results and found that my dhea is all messed up.  There was a whole lot foot in my blood, but almost none in the salivary test, which is the most accurate.  So apparently my dhea supplement is not getting metabolized correctly, which is another thing that causes fatigue.  And my cortisol is going up in the evening which is part of the problem with not being able to go to sleep.

We went to see the Stephen Hawkings movie tonight and it is definitely worth the money and the two hours.

I got no work done today, didn't even get the dishes done tonight.  But we don't have to go anywhere or do anything tomorrow, so I'm planning on being all kinds of efficient!

Oh, my doctor called the dysautonomia clinic in nyc today to set up an appointment for me since her staff had not taken care of it, as I was pretty sure they didn't.  Sweet, sweet young women.  But they are not good at the business end of their jobs.  Oh, I can get saline infusions with  B vitamin panels and B-12 weekly for $75. I already get a certain. Number of treatments free because I paid the money and signed up to be a functional medicine patient.  So, I'll have to get that all figured out.

Oh, and she says that the awful weakness I had Thanksgiving is because I ate the oatmeal with almond milk ... Both of which I am very allergic to now.  So I was having an immune system crisis.  Good to understand at least!

Cheers!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment