Sunday, November 2, 2014

Day 227 - My Kids Are Here!!

Dear Companion,

Well, it wasn't the most pleasant trip ever, but they did make it home safely. It rained or snowed almost the entire way.  And then, the key housing fell apart causing the engine to shut down so it could not be started.  It's out only computer key, so we weren't sure what to do.  But, they were able to put it back together well enough to bypass the anti-theft safeguard and complete their trip.

There have been a lot of tears this evening, but I stayed up with her watching some "Sherlock" until she felt calm enough to go to bed.  We need an exciting job to appear quickly, please, Lord!

We've had a great time visiting our friends from Tennessee. I hate that they go back tomorrow, though!  Their young daughter came with them.  She's in 9th grade and so much fun!  Amazing sense of humor!

The magazine article came out in the online edition and it's a doozy! A great picture of us laughing ... and they talked about my peach tea and cookies, flowers and lace!!  They even included me saying that no southern woman gets rid of her wicker until the paint can no longer hold it together!

Our son has slept since he got here, so hopefully well get to visit with him tomorrow.

My arm is hurting SO BAD!  I think I've mentioned that before, but thought I'd throw it in one more time for good measure!  Just so you, FOR SURE, understand that my arm HURTS!!!  GOT to get an MRI this week!

I picked out the ceiling medallions for the dining room, living room, and stairwell chandeliers this evening.  They are going to be soooooo beautiful!  It does feel like things are slowly starting to come together.  I still have to find a wallpaper for the bathroom and some lighting fixtures.  But progress is definitely coming along.

I'm worried about my oldest brother.  I'm also beginning to feel somewhat repelled by him.  He's always been a conspiracy theorist and a little bit crazy.  But he's kind of stepped across a certain line of sanity when it comes to the Ebola virus.  He responded to my knocking down his article saying the CDC has reversed itself and admitted that IT IS airborne!  I haven't read his response, but I had my husband read it.  He said it wasn't awful, but I didn't want to get caught up in it.  So I'm not even reading it anymore.  It's like he is DETERMINED that there is a conspiracy afoot and he has to stay on top of everything to know what's going onl. And he has appointed himself to be the one who passes on all of his revelations.  He's become a fear mongerer myself.  Bloating and distorting this for his own advantage, which seems to be to feel important and superior.  I read up some on the psychology of the conspiracy theorist.  I may start publishing links about THAT to my family every time he posts something ridiculous!  Or maybe I'll just tell him I think he's mental and not to email me anymore.  I'm just starting to get this sick feeling when I get something from him or even think about him.  It's very disturbing.  I still like my other brother, but he's got some weirdness ess of his own.

Well, that's my news tonight.  There's still so much to be done.  I had four pretty curtain rods in the last house that I got from penny's and I hoped to buy a fifth to use in my bedroom, but they've quit selling that style.  Of course!

Oh, my new scheme go skating my water during the night the last two nights seems to be helping!  My goal is to keep my blood volume and blood pressure up during the night so that it has not dropped so low by morning.  Well, the last two mornings it's been significantly easier to wake up and I even started feeling antsy when I didn't get on out of bed!  Maybe I'm on to something?  That would be awesome.

Cheers!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment