Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Day 127 - Hmmmm....

So, is there a word limit on a blog?  Because it just cut my last one off when I pasted it in!  I guess that's blogger.com's way of telling me I'm being too long-winded!  But, as long as I wrote it I might as well post it.  So, as I was saying... 

Today was my first "Take-Care-of-Yourself-Wednesday and I ... didn't do a thing!  I've decided I have to start deliberately giving myself different messages, messages that say that I am worth being taken care of.  So I have decided to do something special for myself once a week and picked Wednesday to be the day I did this.  Well, I spent too much time shopping for supplements and then didn't have time to do anything.  The goal is a manicure, a pedicure, a facial, and a massage ... one of each per month.  I desperately need a manicure.  At this I would have to list fingernails as one of my major sources of protein!  So I am revising my plan and will get a manicure, hopefully, tomorrow.  

The problem is that I was raised by a Borderline Personality Mother.  Too much to talk about tonight and too painful, but that is the reason I still need to work at becoming a full person and believing that I am worth care.  

Oh, I also spent sometime looking online for a perfect outfit to wear when we go back to New York at the end of the month and I finally am introduced to the Board of Directors of our new university.  I wonder what their preconceptions are about Southern women?  Probably they aren't good, so I want to look classic and elegant when I meet them.  Since at heart I love a very feminine and bohemian style of dressing, I don't tend to have a lot of business-like clothes.  Everyone knows me well here and knows that I like to dress with a certain flamboyance and "young" style, but if know to kick it up a good notch for a lot of New Yorkers!

Well,  tomorrow is always a new day, and I hope yours is wonderful. 

Cheers!


Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment