Friday, July 4, 2014

Day 336 - Found My IPad!

Dear Reader,

I've missed posting the lat two days because I couldn't find my iPad.  Finally realized it must have slipped down beside my car seat.  Went to look and was relieved that it was there!

Were having a good time with our daughter here, thigh I've given up all pretense of working or getting anything done.  I'm doing pretty well with wearing my fitbit.  It's not sync he'd right now for some reason, so I can't see my exact steps.  But I've made my goal the last two days and came very close today.  

I staying pretty careful with eating.  Had a problem tonight after eating some cashew-based ice cream.  I swelled u pretty badly and couldn't figure out why. Mathis was about the third time I had eaten it.   And then I remembered ... I think I'm allergic to cashews! I remember vaguely noticing it on my last test and thinking, darn!  Cashews are my favorite nut!  

We went into the city to see Jersey Boys.  The singing was amazing!  The cussing was amazing!!  They made it be quite authentic, considering it's a bunch of guys from Jersey!  The star makes those high tenor pieces sound effortless!

We went to my favorite rewtaurant before we went to the play.  I had grilled octopus for an appetizer and a risotto with calamari and sweet peas.  A little too much invertebrates for me!  Got almost sick afterwards.  I'm really having problems with bread these days. The bread there looked wonderful!  

Today it was raining and so we didn't do much of anything.  We did drive into New Jersey and went to a rally large mall to see a movie, the Tom Cruz one.  Our daughter hadn't seen it, so we took her.  It's really good.  The mall was crazy-packed, though!  

We were almost late to see jersey Boys because I spent two and a half hours try got track down the $350 I sent our son on the first bynWestern Union.  The girl acted like she didn't know what she was doing and, apparently she didn't because he never got it.  I started trying to find out what happened and it got sent to a bank in MARYLAND!!  But they can't find it, but Epwestern Union won't refund us our money because they say it's been processed!  It's ridiculous!  And he had to have the money for his rent!  So I had to just send him another $350 and hope to recover the first on Monday.  So frustrating!  And I don't here of this sort of thing happening to other people, but it seems to happen to us call the time!!!

Tomorrow we are going into the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  I'm really looking forward to that.  

The decorator from the Ethan Allen store I'm using came out to take a lot of measurements of the downstairs.  Do you remember my goals for the house?  Bright, warm, friendly, elegant, youthful, and in the French Country style.  I want it to be comfortable and not intimidating to our low-income students, but appropriate to the neighborhood in which we live and the house itself.  Plus a house that our VERY HIGH-INCOME donors will like.  Something that has a touch of our being from the South, a broad stroke of my love for romantic decorating , and that we will be comfortable living with.  

And ... I think we have hit it, by Jove! The cost will be staggering, by my standards.  Especially by the time you add lighting and a rug.  We are meeting next Thursday for her to show me her suggestions for the window treatments, rug, and etc.  

So, it's moving along.  Slowly, but not necessarily surely.  More like haltingly, like I'm walking with a limp.  I did, however, pick out the color white for my ceilings and trim.  And if you think that's EASY ... then that proves that you aren't me!  Benjamin Moore,has more than 150 shades of white!

Well, that's it for me.  Oh, I did get all of the things I'd collected for Salvation Army taken off by the physical plant.  I also gave them our washer and dryer because the college is buying new ones for the house rather than spend much money in fixing ours that have been in storage for seven years and are suffering from it.  Personally, I'd just keep getting repairs.  But they spent more than $200 just to have a switch fixed on the washer.  And now the dryer quit heating, so that was going to be anoth $200 just to have someone come out.  

I hope you had a good Fourth of July!

Oh!  I've lost some weight.  I work today a lightweight jacket that was very tight and uncomfortable in the arms befor I move here, but it felt fine now. Main I can't find my scale yet, that's a relief. 

Cheers!
Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment