Sunday, July 27, 2014

Day 313 - Okay, So, I'm Back

Reluctantly, but I'm back.  I'm just tired of doing this, you know?  Tired and discouraged. Nothing has changed in my life yet, and it's tiring to try to stay focused on my weight and life and health, and I kind of wanted to just let the whole matter drop and just shift to neutral and let my life idle for a while.  

But, that's probably not a good idea, so I will go back to using this blog to keep me accountable to you... whoever you are!

Very briefly, my friend was an enormous amount of help and rip-snorted her way through my kitchen boxes.  She even figured out how to organize my kitchen!  Since she left, I have emptied all of the remaining boxes in the breakfast room, arranged my tea sets in the corner china cabinet and put my antique pitchers on top of it.  I even came across a tea set from my mother that I had forgotten about!

I have found a functional medicine doctor who is about 15 minutes away ... and is in network for my insurance!  Yeah!  I'm going to schedule an appointment tomorrow.  

I have finished all the decorating decisions, even squeezed the sunroom into the budget!  There are a few items that I will have to find because I just wouldn't pay their prices.  $798 for a ceiling mount light fixture for the powder room, for instance.  

I have bought a battery for my scale, so it's working.  I am going no where near it yet, though!

I checked out the YMCA and is is just SAD!  So it's jazzercise, for sure.   

I tackled cleaning the shed and going through all my boxes that they just threw in the backyard.  The boxes had rotted and the wrapping paper was molded.  I washed all of my pots and cleaned up all if my things and cleared out a lot of things I don't really use.  The shed is half the size of the one I had before, but I got everything trimmed down to wear it all fits.  

I have around 8 more boxes of things set aside for Salvation Army that I've culled out.  I've gone through and organized most of my jewelry.  I haven't found one very special set from Nordstrom's yet. It's gorgeous and I wear it with several dressy outfits.  

I've decided not to continue with the counselor I saw a few weeks ago.  She's just too far away down a very windy, curvy highway.  When it snows, I know I'm not going to ant to drive it.  So I'm gong to look for someone closer.  

I took the leap and went to a salon.  One girl did my color and a different girl did my cut.  This is probably the best cut and color I have ever gotten.  

Oh, and it let all my nails grow out past my cuticles on the underside of your nails.  Then we went to see "Lucy" and I was so bored I took several of them down.  Not totally, though ... yay.  

So, that's all I can think of for now.  

Oh, we went back to that church that meets in the afternoon and liked it again.  Though I just don't get the jazz music!

Cheers!

Lisa 

No comments:

Post a Comment