Monday, January 26, 2015

Day 148 - Waiting On Storm Juno!

Well, the blizzard was supposed to come in off the Atlantic at 10:00 pm, but now, they say it won't be until 3:00 am.  I had taken a nap because I wanted to stay up and watch it, but I'm going on to bed.  Actually, it's a nor'easter.  Can we please out the "th" back in that word?!  I've learned that a nor'easter is basically a hurricane that forms in the Atlantic and is snow instead of rain.  Gusts up to 70 mph are expected.

I ran errands today, picking up some last minute groceries (bacon!) and alcohol (rum!) and a larger snow coat for my fat dog who has "outgrown" hers.

The house was pretty bad when I got hme, but it laid down for a good while and napped and read a book, looking out the window at the snow coming down.  When I got up I was a little overwhelmed by how bad it was downstairs.  Launched into my "your just white trash" thing, but got hold of it pretty quickly.  It's mostly that everyone puts things on the kitchen island and my dog who is incontinent.  She has peed so much in these rooms and all I've had time to do is wie it u with paper towels as best as I could.  So the floor was really icky.  I got a nice meal and salad made and we watched a Biggest Loser and a House, M.D.  Them my husband had to rush t bed because it turns out he has to get up in the morning to take care of all sorts of college business.  I had just assumed he would be able to sleep late tomorrow.  After he went to bed, my oldest brother called to see how we were doing and we had a nice chat.  Then I had to clean the kitchen, put up the groceries, clean the counters and mop the floors, let the dogs out and feed them, lock up, turn out the lights, etc.  it's 12:30 now and I am so ready to go to sleep!  I assume that 35 mph wind with gusts up to 70 mph will likely wake me up when they get here.  There's a freaky radar oicturemofmthis storm.  It's really huge!  Let's see if I can put it here.
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/eaus/rb.jpg


There we go!  Told you it was freaky! 

Good night!

Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment