Sunday, January 11, 2015

Day 163 - Evaluating Week 1

Dear Friend,

Well, week one of the new year has passed and I want to look back at it and evaluate my efforts so far.

I have done without sugar so I have quit eating all those surprisingly good gluten-free cookies that I was eating each night and haven't eaten peanut M&MS when we went to the movies.

I made it to yoga once and to Jazzercise twice.

I got most of Christmas packed u and taken downstairs.

I spent time at my desk once to write, and a second time when I wrote an article and sent it to an editor.

I am doing a lot better at staying picked up after myself.

I worked more at the laundry each day which worked out fairly well.

I'm trying harder and succeeding a little at going to bed earlier.

I'm preparing good meals and eating more produce each day.   Getting up is still a complete no-go.  I have used my light box oribBly four times this week.

So ... really good progress.  Definitely an "E" for effort.  Which reminds me of another resolution to quit being hateful to myself and to be kinder.

I've been doing fairly well at waking up and, not being able to wake all the way up, but not letting myself go all the way back to sleep either.  Today, though, was a disaster.  I woke up around ten from my alarm, but could absolutely not get up or thoroughly wake up at all for almost two hours. Really ruined my plans to go for a long walk, but we did make it to church.

I have to take our daughter into Connecticut to meet with someone tomorrow.  I have FOUR ALARM CLOCKS set!  One for 8:00, 8:15, 8:30, 8:45.  Only the first one is by my bed.  I'll have to get out of bed to turn off the others!

I hope you have a great new week!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment