Thursday, January 8, 2015

Day 166 - Rough Day

Dear Friend,

My anxiety was ratcheted up like crazy today.  I had an appointment with my psychologist, but didn't print off directions and couldn't use my phone because I still can't find it, so I got crazy lost and was very late.  She is so terrific, though, that I knew I would still be received warmly.  While seeing her, a couple of things came together in my mind to make sense out of something that I hadn't understood. Before.  Clarity is always a good thing.

Then I went to Jazzercise again.  Really enjoyed it so much!  I will be going to yoga tomorrow.  This will be a good bit harder, but that's ok.

I didn't get much at all accomplished today because of being so anxious.  It's very disordering.  I hope that tomorrow will be a much better today.  One thing that. I did right today, at least, is I did not let myself go back to sleep after my alarm went off.  I was sooooo tired and stayed in bed for a while hitting the doze button, but I didn't go back to sleep.  I didn't get any writing done, but I made PORK CHOPS for dinner tonight!  They were the lean type, and I ate them without any reaction at all.

I wasted a good amount of time looking for a cool top to wear for the dinner we are giving Monday.  I got a fabulous magazine in the mail which is so ME, but the prices are extraordinary!  So I tried finding equivalent pieces in Soft Surroundings.  But the things that inreallynliked weren't going to be available for a while.  Rats.  It's been decided to have the dinner at a restaurant rather than here atbthenhouse, which minimizes the stress load tremendously.

I have a ton of work to do tomorrow, and my first thought was that I wasn't going to have time to write.  But then I remembered that that's not how it's working anymore.  Writing is sacrosanct now and everything else has to fit around it.  I can't keep waiting until there's time.  I took one of these silly quizzes that Buzz Feed Optus out all the time and it said that my dominant trait is ambition!  I laughed when I read that because I thnk I have the least ambition of anyone in the world.  But maybe it actually was tapping something that I didn't know was there.

Cheers!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment