Sunday, May 4, 2014

Day 9 - Whew!

Dear Reader,

Last week was CRAZY!  But amazing.  Here are the highlights:

1.  We were given a tribute dinner and it was amazing!  Hundreds of people came and several people spoke.  It was beautiful and one of my favorite memories will be of everyone giving my husband a standing ovation.  

2.  My husband gave his farewell address to the faculty and staff senates.  He said the loveliest things about me and asked them to acknowledge my contributions. They gave me a standing ovation which, I must say, was very, very nice.  

3.  I showed the house to three of the final candidates.  Two if them would be disasters.  Were pretty sure the wife of the other one won't come.  The last one will come on Tuesday.  

4.  I do have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. It was so obvious to the doctor that he didn't need to do the expensive genetic testing.  You know what the treatment for it is??  Don't do anything that can damage your joints or tendons!  It's a relief to have a diagnosis.  

5.  I may not have stage 3 kidney disease.  And if I do, it is probably not the type that comes from making so many antibodies that they clog your filters and kill them.  The nephrologist is running several more tests, but that much was encouraging.  

6.  I had another nightmare about my mother, but in it my brothers were there, too, and I went off at her.  I told her that she was mentally ill (she was in a hysterical rage) even though my brothers wouldn't acknowledge it.  That she wouldn't do anything to help herself and that I wasn't responsible for her anymore.  So, me being strong with her in a nightmare represents a significant shift.  

7.  I had a dream where I was back in my childhood home.  These used to be straight out horrible nightmares, but have slowly changed over the years.  The first big change was when my husband was in the house with me. That was huge.  But this time, everyone was there, including my friend who knows about this blog.  You know who you are! :-). I was cooking a big Thanksgiving dinner for everyone.  So that was pretty amazing.  

I think that brings you up to date with pretty broad strokes.  

I've been being insanely tired!  I fell asleep last night by 11:30 without Xanax and slept for almost 12 hours!  Still slept drying the day some.  

I have a busy week ahead.  I'm giving two dinners, showing the house again, going with my mother to a doctors appointment, and we will have our last two commencement ceremonies and then well be done!  Hard to believe! 

I've planned a tight schedule for tomorrow, but forgot about this appointment. And I'm pretty sure my mother will spread it out to include lunch.  But I'm okay with that if she wants to.  I'm just hoping I can thoroughly wakeup tomorrow.  

I hope you have a great week ahead of you!

Cheers!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment