Monday, May 12, 2014

Day 2 - "Finis Pendant Origine"

Dear Reader, 

"The end depends upon the beginning."  This is my theme for the next sixteen days that I am on my own.  No moping. No wasting time.  Just getting ready to move.  

And PART of that getting ready to move is buying new shoes! After all ... my life is about to completely change and walking is going to become a huge part of my life.  And, so, I need good, cute walking shoes!  I did the grocery shopping the other day in my flat sandals and that's when I realized that they weren't going to work walking into and about town.  And you know I do hate to buy shoes!  So this is going to be no fun at all!  :-).  Unfortunately, I have spent too much time online tonight looking at shoes.  I ordered two pairs that I think will be great.  The requirements are that they have to have a little bit of a heel, but not too much.  An ankle strap so my bones stay in place.  And look flattering to my foot and good with dresses.  Piece of cake.  I wish!  My good patina flat pumps I have used the last two years are pretty worn looking and a big rhinestone popped off and disappeared.  To my complete amazement, I found a pair to replace them today that fit like a glove.  I was talking to the lady helping me and told her I was moving to New York and she immediately said, "You're going to need some serious walking shoes."

I got a manicure today also and picked out a polish for my toes that coordinates with what I've gotten for my fingernails for the summer

I decided to start with the Master Cleanse because it required the least amount of shopping at the grocery store and I know that I can handle it.  So I've got my organic lemons and organic grade B maple syrup and distilled water sitting downstairs all ready to go.  Unfortunately, I have to jump up and leave in the morning to go into the big city again to see my counselor.  I'm hoping to find dog beds at the TJMaxx near her office to replace what I've got which are torn apart and holes in them. 

My daughter and I met up for dinner in that city this evening at a very cool spot.  I had a delicious coffee latte with soy milk and some mahi mahi on a grits cake with Swiss chard on top. It was very good except they used the chard as more of a garnish than anything else and I really wanted more.  

I have to be back by 3:30 to go with my mother to an appointment with a neurologist to see if he has figured out what is wrong with her legs.  I hope he has.  

Oh, it was the funniest thing.  When I bought my lunch, the guy checking me out was talking about the heat and that it was supposed to cool down later on.  Since I tell people I'm moving to New York at the slightest opening, I immediately told him that I was, ahem, moving to New York!  He asked me where and it turns out he has lived in that area and knows all about it and LOVES it.  That's always nice to hear a confirmation like that.  

Well, that's it for now.  I'm so very very tired.  I wish I didn't have to make the drive again tomorrow.  My husband starts his new job tomorrow which is pretty exciting!

Cheers!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment