Sunday, May 18, 2014

Day -5 - GREAT DAY!

Dear Reader,

ok ... here goes!  I had a GREAT DAY today!  I got mountains of work done in the basement and have it ready for the movers to start on tomorrow.  I also had my prayer time and read my Bible early today which is so much better than waiting till I'm half asleep.  I kept track of my time, using my timer to measure out 45 minutes and then taking a 15 minute break to read my book, and then went to a different area of the basement to work so I didn't get caught up in just one area. 

I went to see my mother this evening and we had a really nice visit.  Then I came back home and inspected the shed, and my three porches and the sitting area under the oak tree in back.  I've got most all of that ready for the movers to get started on in the morning.  I'm guessing that they'll want to put the basement and outdoor things in first so that the household things can come out first when they get to the new home. 

I took my bath at 11:00 and am in bed at 12:00 ready to call it a night!  Looks like it's the Master Cleanse tomorrow, too, because I was too busy, and too dirty (!) to go to the grocery store.  The best part is, I didn't get caught up on the internet AT ALL today!  Last night I got real caught up in looking for a regular doctor nearby and a counselor.  And, you know I've been looking for the perfect pair of shoes and a floral yellow comforter for my bedroom.  No luck so far, and the internet called my name all day today, but I resisted firmly!

I had my coffee early in the day today and enjoyed it.  It's crazy, but I don't have time to read up on all of the information about it because a) I stayed off the internet all day and b) I was too busy! 

So ... a really good day.  I'm going to bed feeling proud of myself for a change.  I usually have a defeated attitude towards a day before it even begins and have a victim's mentality.  But NOT TODAY!  Today was great!

Okay, now .... did you buy any of that???  Because the truth is that I'm writing this at 1:00 in the afternoon before my day has gotten under way.  Last night I researched forever looking for a therapist and a regular doctor.  I didn't find any local doctor that looked like what I need, one that doesn't rely on medicines only, since I can't take them.  I also couldn't find a counselor that seemed right.  I sent one an email and she emailed me back but said that she doesn't take insurance, so I don't think I'll be using her.  I was up until 2:00 am again and slept till noon, ten hours.  I decided that, even though the day was not starting like I had wanted it to, I could still take hold of it right now and be in charge of it instead of being the victim of my bad choices.  So all of the above is how I WANT and PLAN on the day being. 

Optimism.  It's a good thing!

Cheers!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment