Friday, May 1, 2015

Day 57 - Good Day

Dear Friend, 

whew, I'm really sleepy!  That's a good thing.  Today started off rough.  I set my alarm, but didn't turn it on, so I was sound asleep when workers came in the house.  They were locksmiths who needed to do work on several of the inside doors.  So I called through my bedroom door for them to do two of the other doors before starting on the ones in my bedroom. I tried as best as I could to wake up and got dressed and went it to talk to them.  I looked white as a sheet.  Seriously.  One bathroom door didn't have a lock on it, and one bathroom door wouldn't even latch AND didn't have a lock.  My husband's bathroom door had broken and all sorts of other things.  It's really weird having separate bathrooms!  I'd love to open up the wall between them and redo them into one glorious bathroom!  It's not going to happen, of course, but it's nice to dream.  

A worker also came out and hung up six of my curtain rods finally.  They look really great.  The rods haven acted crystal globes at the end that look a lot like the crystal doorknobs all through the house.  I told him not to hang the drapes, br he did anyway.  They are very wrinkled,  I'm going to try steaming them first, but I suspect I will have to iron them. That's going to be a LOT of ironing,  

I got a good amount of work done today, though I did not leave the house and do any errands.  I blamed it on there being people in the house all day, but the truth was that I didn't want to leave.  I also out off having a prayer time till the last minute because I had determined that I was going to sit outside to pray ... and that was hard.  Al I could do was sit there looking at all the work that needed to be done, but I did go outside and have my prayer time.  I have to claim this space and make it mine.

Tomorrow is a big day.  I hope to be able to clean all of the rest of my cushions.  They took the pressure washer back for some work they were doing, but they're supposed to let me use it Saturday.  Then I found some stuff that yu spray onto cushions to make them waterproof.   I'm definitely going to do that!  That will help a whole lot.  

There's supposed to be a plant sale tomorrow down at the train depot.  I need to buy a BUNCH of flowers!

We have a very important dinner with all of the trustees and all sorts of other people next week ... I think it's next weekl. I've been looking for the perfect dress to wear because I don't think I have anything that's right for it.  Especially my first time to go when I don't really know hw people dress.  I was advised to wear a cocktail-length dress ... and that was the extent of the advice.  I know when in doubt, you're supposed to dress down a little,  it's better to be slightly under-dressed than over-dressed,  and I know I want to wear navy.  So I fnd two wonderful dresses in modcloth and a gorgeous pair of retro heels in navy!  One of our school colors is navy and I want to "represent"!  I also ordered a few other pairs of navy shoes all on incredible sales on 6pm!  I wish I had learned about this site sooner.  I don't think a single one cost more than $30 something.  

Tomorrow is a big, big day for our daughter.  It would have been the fifth anniversary for her and her boyfriend.  So it's working out that she and I are going into the city tomorrow night for dinner and to watch an off-Broadway show her company is producing.  For free!  So that should be fun.  And she's getting her hair cut tomorrow which should lift her spirits considerably.  She learned today that the owner is already talking about possibly hiring her at the end of the internship because she's doing such a good job.  That would be so wonderful!

I hope you have a great weekend!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment