Thursday, February 26, 2015

Day 118 - New Med is Helping!

Dear Friend,

I am super tired, so this will be fast.  I want you to know that I was awake, feeling pretty good, and DRESSED by 8:30 this morning!  It was unbelievable!  And I've stayed awake all day.  I am super tired because I had two doctor's appointments out of town and had to do some serious shopping at Bed, Bath &Beyond to get the bathroom ready for our guest coming.  I think I found a great shower curtain that will work with the very bright and cheerful duvet in the bedroom.  Now if they will only get the curtains hung in time!Then had to rush home and change and give a reception for about 30 people and stay in my feet in heels for about three hours.  ouch!!

Workers came to the house under the new agenda Tuesday and got a start on all the electrical problems.  Of course, as soon as they'd open something up, they'd find a new problem.  But the usual chandelier/light fixture I got for the dressing room has been installed along with the large medallion, and it is gorgeous!  

I think this new beta blocker is helping me feel much better.  Instead of fighting to wake up I'm just ... you know ... waking up!  I am very encouraged.  

I have to pick out a ceiling fan for the den IMMEDIATELY and a rug runner for the back staircase IMMEDIATELY if I want them installed before the conference.  

Our daughter had an interview yesterday with a MAJOR employer and it went really well.  They told her she is a strong candidate but there are more interviews to go before they start to make a decision.  Pray, please!

My brother called and then texted me today.  The crazy brother, not the sort-of crazy brother.  And, guess what??  HE HAS WRITTEN A BOOK!!!  Oh, my gosh.  He was at. Book store and wanted me to tell him what book to get that would teach him grammar and punctuation and technical writing and how to keep a storyline going.  Oh, dear!  Oh, dear!  He said he would send me a copy and I suggested that that might not be a good idea.  I don't want to read it because I suspect it will be some political diatribe, plus I would start editing it and he would get mad because he says I act like I'm smarter than him.   NEWS FLASH ... I AM SMARTER THAN HIM!  So, I told him that, instead of a book, he needs and editor and told him about some websites and suggested he find out what people charge, and then offer our son somewhat less to edit it for him.  I can't wait to tell my son!!!  He's going to want to kill me! 

Well, Im about to die I'm so tired.  Receptions just exhaust me.  But it went really well and I think people are just amazed that we are reaching out to the community.  Oh, one man asked me to tell him about me.  I stumbled on that and he said, tell me something you're interested in.  So I said, "I LOVE THEOLOGY!"   Then went on about how much I love it and am planning on going to seminary in the fall and about teaching the prologue of John, etc.  He said he had literally never heard anyone say that before.   Well ... duh!

Cheers!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment