Sunday, February 22, 2015

Day 122 - Picked the Towel Back Up

Dear Friend,

I'm feeling a bit better.  Yesterday wasn't a great day emotionally, still pretty depressed, but I did make a big dent in the laundry.  Today was a little bit better, too.  I stayed in my nightgown almost all day, the most sure-fire way to get me to work diligently on one task. I attacked the contents of a large armoire in our son's room.  I went through and organized all the video games in there and separating out the boxes that no longer had their discs in them.  I found yet another box full of cables and went through them and got them sorted and organized and stored in zip-loc bags.  I checked with my husband and son about a lot of the game machines, etc. and am giving away a fair amount of them.  The library is virtually finished.  Our sons room is getting very close.  I have to the dust ruffle on the bed and find the European shams.  I finally got the pillows, but now I can't find the fans.  I have to unload one of the bookcases, move it it of the way, and then move the chest of drawers and out on its mirror frame and mirror.  I also have to order new handles for it.  I've saved the missing handles, but the things the handles fit in are gone.  Oak is kind of out-of-style right now. I wonder if I could get some sort of handles that would update it some.  Maybe some oil-ribbed bronze in a Mission Style?

And, THEN ... I have to move the huge Rmoire to the corner of the room, then move the bookcase into its new place and reload it with the books, hopefully organizing them some while I'm at it.  

And ... guess who gets to help me do this??  MY HUSBAND!  He said I can't ask the college facilities people to help me with things like this, so ... !

I also need to get him to carry a whole bunch of boxes I have packed up for Salvation Army down to my car.  

I figure that one of the reasons I'm getting so depressed is that all this unpacking is taking me so long since I now have to do all the housework, laundry, cooking, cleaning the refrigerator, ironing and steaming clothes, etc.  I can only swing in some unpacking as I am able and I'm not getting any exercising done at all.  So each day I'm just getting up to another impossibly huge to-do list.  No wonder I'm pretty downhearted.  

I'm giving one large reception this week and am meeting with two different college girls who I think may be interested in being mentored ... which I would love.  That's something I have done a lot of and am very committed to.  

So, my attitude is better, but my to do list for tomorrow is still impossible.  Wish I could stay in my nightgown tomorrow, but that won't work.  

I hope you had a good weekend and are ready for the week holds.  I'm not ... but I hope you are!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment