Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Day 201 - Great Mother/Daughter Day!

Dear Friend,

Well ... it's 2:30 in the morning.  Maybe it's about time to go to sleep?  My daughter and I leave for Tennessee in the morning and there have been SO MANY things to get taken care of before we leave.  Especially since I have to dig in with events as soon as we get back.  In fact, I just remembered that I have to go pick up a prescription before I leave on top of everything else.  At least I can sleep, hopefully, on the plane!  I hate traveling.  There are always so many loose ends to be taken care of!

My husband is at a big conference in Washington, so my daughter and I spent the day together.  I got my hair color done (my roots were almost two inches long!) and she got her first New York hair cut!  Gorgeous!!  Oh my gosh, she looks gorgeous.  She's only recently gotten into makeup, and now with a really cute hairstyle -- wow!

Then we went to Macys for me to return a bunch of things I had ordered for the two of us that hadn't worked.  I am out of almost all my makeup, so I got a Mac concealer, lip gloss, and ... something else I think.  I got my Estée Lauder foundation.  And a new lipstick, blush, and eye shadow from Clinique. I have actually used up both of my glosses which I didn't think was possible.  We ate at Boston Market which was nice, and pretty cheap.  We picked up all the dog and cat supplies that would be needed while we were gone.  And then the college student who will take care of the pets came by.  Then I started doing laundry and she and I gave ourselves mani/pedis while we watched several episodes of Chopped. So, we had a great time together.

I was outraged that the police officer who put an unarmed man on Staton Island in a chokehold and held him until he died was not indicted by the grand jury.  I've had quite a lot to say on Facebook about that.

Well, I think I'm going to call it a night.  8:00 is going to be painful in the morning!!

Cheers!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment