Sunday, December 7, 2014

Day 197 - Back From Tennessee!

Dear Friend,

I am writing this on the plane as I return home from Tennessee.  I have something very surprising to tell you.  I actually had a marvelous visit with my mother!  She was in a very companionable mood and was more relaxed than I think I've ever seen here. 

My friend picked me up at the airport and we had a great visit, albeit too short.  The first evening Mom and I were both really tired.  We went out to eat and then she lay on one couch while I lay on the other, both generally airing our physical complaints.  

I slept quite late the next morning.  Did I tell you that she bought a foam mattress topper for her guest bed because it was far too hard for me?  It helped a lot.  My son and daughter came over, along with her boyfriend, and we went out to eat and then back to her house.  Had a really nice visit with my son.  His eyes looked a little troubled and I asked him what was up.  He said he was just trying to figure out what to do with himself.  Since he is 29, I'm glad to hear that this is beginning to be something that weighs on his mind!

His band is apparently doing really well, which is interesting.  It's a big, "What if ...?"  You know?  What if it actually went big?  He said they closed a place the night before and wiped the floor with everyone else who performed!  His AA group has never pulled back together, but he has found another really good group that he likes a lot. The only problem is that they don't meet as often as he would like!  They only meet here times a week. 

Tomorrow starts an extremely busy week for me.  Three events followed by a dinner the next week.  I actually WANT to decorate the house this year, but the main thing right now is to get christmas gifts ordered ASAP!! I planned to use the counter in the garage as my gift wrapping center,  maybe I'll hate wrapping presents less!  As it is, I hate wrapping presents sooooo much!  My daughter used to love to wrapped would wrap all my presents except hers!  But those days are over.  

Saturday night my mom and I sat around a table and she told me a lot if her stories. Without anger or bitterness.  The night before she had gotten into stuff about my dad and started her usual spiel and I was wondering what I was going to do.  Sneak a Xanax?  Go to bed early?  But she quit quickly which is a first.  Saturday night she spoke compassionately about my father for the first time in my life.  He had so many tragedies by the time he was ten years old, and she finally acknowledged them.  She told me a lot of stories about her first husband who was killed in WW2 and I got a lot of that history figured out.  We actually stayed up talking until after 11:00 which has never happened before.  

We had taken a nap after taking the kids out to eat and I slept for two hours.  I don't know if it was because of that that I couldn't go to sleep or because I got tense about being ready to leave in the morning.  I make cortisol for the least reason!  I resisted taking a Xanax until 4:00 am, which was foolish.  So I finally got to sleep a little after 5 and slept till 11:00.  Hope that's enough for me to drive home from the airport on!  

I spent sometime this morning trying to put together a workable daily schedule ... again.  I have to do SOOOOOOO much more housework than before!  It's really taking a toll on me physically and stress wise.  So I tried to put together a schedule which includes daily upkeep of everything, plus going to jazzercise.  I even added in an hour for interruptions!  The result? It's virtually hopeless that I will ever become a writer.  Pretty discouraging. 

Were about to land so I'll bring this to an end. I hope you had a good weekend as well and are adequately geared up to face the next week!  My bathroom should be wallpapered when I get home and I cant WAIT to see it!

Oh, here's something interesting.   My mother thinks my oldest brother is suffering from some dementia!  That could explain a lot!  

Later!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment