Friday, December 19, 2014

Day 187 - Radio City and the Rockettes!

Dear Friend,

Where to start? Well, the dinner on Tuesday went well. We had a very nice time with the couple who came.  They loved the house and were very  complimentary about it. The dinner did not exactly go off without a hitch because the catering company is not used to waiting on tables.  Three of them waited on four of us!    The younger man filled the water glasses with the wine, so they surreptitiously took them away and washed the goblets and brought them back. We had a crab-stuffed flounder that I thought was delicious, but my husband let me know that he didn't care for it. They also had two dessert options but, instead of askng which one everyone wanted, they served both of them!  So, that was pretty funny.

The next day my daughter got in bed with me very worried about the results of some bloodwork and we needed to get out of the house. So we went to our doctors office in my favorite village and ate at a super cool old diner. I had a plate of grilled vegetables, bell pepper, mushrooms, eggplant and zucchini with a chopped salad.  Try to find that in thenSouth!  Then we went to the office and she got her vitamin D shot ( she's crazy low) and I had blood drawn for several tests. Then the doctor came out to see us because she likes us and she was able to reassure my daughter that things would be ok.

Then we went to the art store that my daughter describes as "HobbyLobby on crack!" And wow!  It was really fantastic. They had gorgeous silk flowers so I spent $79 getting flowers for a large arrangement on my dining table.

After that we met my husband to see The Hobbit which was ok. Just lots of fighting.

I stayed up last night till 2:00 working on finding gifts, mostly for me for my husband to get for me and working on others. I found a great website for my daughter's gifts!

Then this evening we went into the city to see the Rockettes' Christmas program and it was wonderful.  Eating out didn't work out, so we had kebabs from a street seller and ate in a store vestibule trying to stay out of the cold wind.  After that we went to see The Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center and it was spectacular!   Walking there a young woman tripped walking across the street and grabbed my arm as she fell ... right on the tumor and all of that mess and pulling down on the torn rotator cuff.  So that was fun. But I think she was pregnant, so I'm glad she didn't fall all the way down.  What's a little more pain in that arm?

It's 10:40 and we're still on the train riding home so it will be late before we get to bed.   I'm sleeping late tomorrow!

Cheers!
Lisa




Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment