Sunday, December 14, 2014

Day 191 - A Little Encouraged Today

Dear Friend,

Well ... I did not get much done on the house.  I made myself stay in bed until I picked out the hardware accessories for the powder room downstairs.  Oh! Soooooo frustrating!  But, with "hard work and dedication" (Dolvett!), I did it!  Even emailed it on in, so that is that.  Except ... I realized I need two venetian bronze light switch plates.  They didn't have any in the pattern I used for the other things, so I'll just have to find some very simple ones that will work with the rest.  That was a big load off.  Only problem is I found some that were GORGEOUS that I now want to get for MY bathroom!

I opened a box in my study and found that they were books belonging in our sons's rooms, so I moved it into there.  I downloaded the second book of the Maze Runner books -- don't judge! -- and it is quite a page turner! I got ready and went to that 2:30 church service and, I have to say, it was probably one of the best services I have ever been to in my life.  Simple.  Beautiful music.  No jazz!  Very worshipful.  Good sermon.  This means a lot to me because I am really eager to get to know some people, plus I really need to be under some good preaching again.  And fellowship.  And corporate worship.  So ... Pretty excited about it.

Then I came home and made bison chili and rice, which turned out great!  We realized that the basement is flooding from a waterline, not rain.  My husband called the university out and they found that it was plugged up at the street.  So plumbers came out tonight around 9:40 ... What???  And now they have arranged for cleaners to come and sterilize and clean the basement in the morning and sterilize the first floor also.

We got our Christmas tree set up and hope to decorate it tomorrow.  We watched Guardians of the Galaxy with our daughter, and I have to say, it was funnier second time around, with someone who found it hilarious!

I'm trying something new for tomorrow.  NO TO-DO LIST!!!  Except I still must call the bank about why they are declining my card sometimes and sending my son money.

Well ... have a great week.  Get a lot of shopping done!

Cheers!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment