Monday, October 6, 2014

Day 252 - Eventful Day

Dear Reader, 

A lot happened today.  We are being interviewed by this magazine this Wednesday, so I had a lot of things to arrange this morning to get the house ready.  Then my daughter and I went shopping  at Loft.  I had a bunch of $25 off cards that I pulled out, only to find they expired last week!  Boy, that hurt. 

I took her to the airport and, as I was driving away, I saw a pigeon with a broken wing in the road.  The porters were trying to scare it into moving out of the way of the cars and were satisfied when they got it to the curb of the sidewalk between two roads.  But, I watched and saw her try to hop the curb, but not be able to, and she fell onto her back in the gutter.  If you have learned anything about me, you know that it was impossible for me to leave her there.  So, I found a spot where I could pull over and got a box out of my car and made me way through the cars to her.  She was on her back looking terrified and one of her feet was shaking so badly.  I took off the scarf I was wearing and used it to pick her up and put her in the box.  Then I started the drive home with the box beside me in the seat.  She scratched around some, but seemed to respond well to my voice.  I called my vet, but they said they could not work on wild animals.  They referred me to a bird vet, so I called them.   They said they couldn't work on wild animals, either, and sent me to a nature center where they take care of wounded wild animals.  They said they would call ahead and tell them I was coming.  But, when I got there, way out in the country, there was no one there.  I was not too pleased and called them and they said, oh yeah.  We just got hold of them and they said there is no one there.  So, that was helpful.  

So, I brought her home and have created a small enclosed area in a Room in the basement that can be closed off with a door, along with bird seed and a shallow dish of water.  I hope she is still alive tomorrow.  I read up about what to do, and I may just take care of her myself.  Well see.  

Our daughter is still intent on moving here in November, so that is GREAT! 

I have massive amount of work to do tomorrow to have the house ready for the onto shoot and interview.  Plus I'm getting my hair colored and cut, getting a mani and pedi, and meeting with a stylist.  So I have no idea how I'm going to pull it all off for Wednesday morning.  

My husband and I went out to eat and then came home and started watching an episode of Housekeeper when we decided to take a nap.  We slept there on the couch for abut an hour!  Then we finished the episode and came upstairs and got ready for bed.  Then I heard barking and remembered one dog was still outside.  So I went to let her in and, in the process, managed to step into a fresh puddle of pee and fall down all the way to the ground, HARD, into the pee.  Wearing a fresh nightgown to boot.  I landed on my right hip and right shoulder, the one that's been hurting so bad, so I am not a happy camper right now.  

I tried on shoes at Clark's today at the mall and not a one of them fit me.  I have to have a flat pair of shoes I can walk in Manhattan comfortably in, and I need a pair of low-heeled dressy comfort shoes that I can wear with dresses to walk in the city.  I have two of the five pairs of shoes I need: a nice pair of low-heeled dress shoes with ankle straps that look really nice, and a pair of black low-heeled boots, since I wore out my Born's last winter.  Now I need the two pairs I just told you about and a pair of galoshes and I'll be set for the winter.  

SOOO tired.  Sooooo sore from falling.  Sooooooo discouraged by my food allergy test.  I know have 52 food sensitivities and do not know what I'm going to do.  

Cheers!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment