Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Dear Reader,

My "computer" is still off.  No rebooting action yet!  I am still recuperating and weak, but I haven't had any fever today. So, that's good news.  But here's an aggravating thing.  One of my chronic conditions is way weird and involves my blood vessels becoming permeable and letting plasma out.  The holes are usually small enough that no red blood cells get out, but occasionally when I am very stressed out, they open up enough for red blood cells to get out also. This causes little spots of bleeding to appear under my skin.  It's called petechia, and I don't really know that much about it.  One time I broke out all over my entire body! 

Tonight, I was working on a large return to Ann Taylor. It was complicated and probably took me close to two hours with several trips up and down the stairs getting things.  Not a big deal, but I was tired and frustrated and when I came upstairs to bathe and go to bed I saw that I had bled under the skin of my torso in about fifty little places.  Not a big deal, but frustrating!  I'd really like to learn more about this.  Not understanding something my body does can be discouraging. 

I made some forward motion last night.  I take beta blockers three times a day to keep my heart from racing too much.  But I learned that they cause fatigue, but that magnesium acts as a natural beta blocker without the side effects.  So I researched magnesium - research is my thing! - and learned that you need to take oral supplements and apply it to your skin in the form of oils or lotions.  Apparently if you take oral supplements alone it takes almost a year to get your levels up to normal, but adding the skin applications reduces that to about three months.  So I ordered some magnesium supplements and lotion for sensitive skins and some mineral drops to add to your drinking water.  I need to study this more, but I gather that virtually everyone in the US is deficient and needs some degree of supplementation.  And I learned that it is apparently the cure for whatever ails you!

Another thing I did was spend some time looking for meditation aps to help you wake up in the morning.  I downloaded one for free only to find this morning that it is in German! But I also found a podcast that I listened to instead of the German one, and it was pretty nice!  You listen with headphones because it uses binaural beats to adjust your brain waves.  We'll see!

And I had a good time today reading a novel by a favorite author.  

So, I think I made a little smidge of progress today. At least I didn't slip back any!
Oh, and one other thing, I contacted my physical therapist to see if she would be willing to learn about dysautonomia and help me get in condition if my insurance will cover it.  Now THAT would be super exciting!  

Good night!  Rest well! 

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment